How to Download TikTok on Mac And Windows? Get Solutions Now!
Part 1. Can You Get TikTok on Mac?
Step 1: Go to BlueStacks website at https://www.bluestacks.com, and click on the green “Download button” in order to download Bluestacks emulator.
- Step 2: After downloading Bluestacks, open the folder where BlueStacks installer file is located as a “.dmg file”, and double-click on the icon at the middle of the screen; then proceed to click “Continue” and “Install”. The emulator will then be installed on your computer.
Step 3: In order to install TikTok app on your Mac, open the Bluestacks application that you installed.
Step 4: Click “App Center” button which is at the top of your Mac screen, and wait for it to open.
Step 5: Sign into with your Google account. If you don’t have a Google account, then create one.
- Step 6: After signing into your Google account, type “TikTok” in Google Play search bar, and you will find TikTok; next, click on the install button and install TikTok, and open the app.
Part 2. Can You Use Tiktok on A Mac Without Downloading It?
- Step 1: Open Google Chrome on your Mac, and go to TikTok website: https://www.tiktok.com/en/.
Step 2: Click the “Watch Now” button which is located around the top right corner.
Step 3: You will be redirected to a new page where you have to click on the login button located around the top right corner. .
- Step 4: Log into your TikTok account.
- Step5: If you choose to log in with your phone number, then enter your country code and phone number, and click the “Send code” button. After getting a code on your phone, enter the code on your Mac PC and log in.
- The main drawback of using TikTok on Mac via Chrome (without downloading it) is that videos cannot be edited when it is time to upload them; however, it is possible to do so if you open TikTok app in Bluestacks emulator.
- In order to use TikTok on Mac without downloading it, you have to edit videos in an external software before you can upload them on TikTok.
- If you use TikTok without downloading it, you can be able to upload video clips, and see the comments of users beside your videos; this function can help you if you are carrying out investigations related to comments on a particular video.
Part 3. How to Download TikTok for Windows?
Step 1: After downloading the file as a “.exe file”, double-click on the "BlueStacks installer".
- Step 2: After double-clicking on the Bluestacks installer launches, click on the “Install Now” button.
- Step 3: Once installed, open the Bluestacks emulator and go to “App Center” where you will be aksed to sign into your Google account and gain access to Google Play, and download TikTok as discussed in Part 1 above.
Part 4. How to Edit TikTok Video on PC
Step 1. Go to HitPaw official website to download it. Then, run it on your PC.
Step 2. Choose any feature you want to use, then, drag and drop the video to the software, edit it.
Step 3. Once you finish the editing, click “Export” to save the video to your computer. Then, you can upload it to TikTok.
FAQS About Bluestacks And TikTok
1. Is Bluestacks a virus?
No, Bluestacks is not a virus; rather, it is a highly trusted emulator that has been approved by a number of antivirus softwares like Norton; however, it has been reported that some antivirus programs have detected it as malware, spyware or threat, even though there is no substantial evidence. Generally speaking, BlueStacks is safe for your PC.
2. What do I do if Bluestacks says TikTok doesn't exist?
In a situation whereby Bluestacks says TikTok does not exist, it is advisable to try other Android emulators such as the following:
- Bliss OS
- Androi Studio’s Chamber
- Prime OS
- Build Your Own
- Remix OS Player
- Phoenix OS
3. How do I make Tik Tok videos on a laptop?
Make TikTok videos on a laptop by using the following steps:
- Download any Android emulator such as Bluestacks on your laptop.
- Download TikTok application within the emulator.
- Make sure you have videos on laptop, or copied to laptop.
- Sign into Tiktok website through the Android emulator.
- Click “upload video” at the top right of laptop screen, and upload videos to TikTok.
- Click “Select a Video to Upload”, and select file from your laptop.
- Double-click selected video to start uploading and making a Tiktok video.