Step 01 Download the HitPaw video converter and install it to your Mac computer.
Top 10 Video Converter for Mac Review in 2023
These days, the demand for visual content has surpassed textual content to a great extent. With the increase in consumption of visual content, several video streaming and sharing platforms can be seen coming up. Technology today has advanced so much that studio, crew, etc, are no longer required to create visual content. This is why there is an overwhelming rise in the availability of visual content. However, all this becomes irrelevant if the video you wish to see is not in the format which is compatible with your device. This is why there is a need for video converter apps. This article will talk about the 10 best video converters for Mac.
Part 1. Benefits of Having a Video Converter for Mac
Here are the benefits of using a video converter to convert video on Mac.
- Change a video format to something more universal, so it can be watched and shared on different devices.
- The video editing feature in video converter for Mac software can help you edit videos, trim unnecessary fragments, custom video parameters, and even extract audio from video easily.
- They come with a guide making it easy to download or convert a video file.
- Merge multiple videos into one file is easy to achieve with the help of a video converter software.
- It helps you save money when you need to download, edit, and convert video files. These can be done within video converter for Mac software.
Part 2. Best Video Converter for Mac Reviews
Below are some of the best video converters for Mac with all the relevant details.
- 1. HitPaw Video Converter for Mac
- 2. Handbrake for Mac
- 3. Any Video Converter for Mac
- 4. VideoProc
- 5. Leawo Video Converter for Mac
- 6. Movavi Video Converter for Mac
- 7. DivX Converter
- 8. QuickTime
- 9. FFmpegx
- 10. Aiseesoft Mac Video Converter Ultimate
HitPaw recently released the Mac version for its video converter software. The new version supports to convert video and audio files up to 1000 different formats without compromising on the quality. This is a super-fast video converter and video downloader application on Mac that comes with marvelous features. Not only does it retain the quality of converted audio and video files but it also has several inbuilt tools to enhance the experience of video conversion with ease.
- Capable of converting up to 1000 video and audio formats.
- Lossless acceleration makes the conversion process faster.
- GPU acceleration reduces CPU loss.
- CPU acceleration improves the conversion speed by 90%.
- Capable of converting 5000 audios and videos simultaneously at a given time.
- Also a video downloader on Mac that help to download videos from 10000+ streaming sites like YouTube, Facebook, Amazon, etc.
- Has a built-in editor to enhance video quality.
The Steps to Convert Videos on Mac using HitPaw Video Converter for Mac
Below are the handy steps to convert files on Mac:
Step 02 On the Convert tab, click Add Files to add video/audio/folder to this program. Instead, you can drag and drop file(s) directly to the conversion area.
Step 03 Now, you can select an output format for the imported file(s). You can set up different formats for the imported files or choose a format to suit all imported files.
Step 04 All is ready, click the Convert button to convert the selected file or “Convert All” button to convert files in batch.
Step 05 Once the file(s) is converted successfully, you can preview it in the Converted tab.
2. Handbrake for Mac
Handbrake for Mac is an excellent free Mac file converter which is used widely by several Mac users. It supports multiple input formats and the output formats supported by it include M4V, MP4, and MKV. Apart from Mac, this tool is also compatible with Windows and Linux systems.
- Supports multiple input formats.
- Offers quick conversions via presets.
- Output formats supported by it are very few.
- There is a potential risk of viruses when you install this.
- The live preview only supports the initial 4 minutes.
3. Any Video Converter for Mac
This free video converter for Mac features a minimalistic user interface. About 24 input formats are supported by this converter including MPEG, MP4, WMV, VOB, 3G2, 3GP, and many others. Multiple files can also be processed simultaneously with the help of this tool. You can even extract audio files from any video file you pick.
- Supports excellent quality video conversion.
- All the popular video formats are supported by this tool.
- Conversion speed is pretty slow.
- Audio input formats are not supported by this tool.
- During setup, it attempts to download some other additional software.
This is a high-speed YouTube video converter for Mac which lays major emphasis in the quality of the converted videos. Not just videos, but this tool can be used to convert the format of audio files and DVD files as well. It also has the video editing software using which you can crop, cut, merge, and even rotate your videos.
- All three functions including downloading, editing, and converting files can be done at a single place.
- Auto copies the converted files.
- The text and readability of this tool is not up to the mark.
- Video editing features are limited in comparison to other video converters.
- Media overlay tools are absent.
Price: One year license at $29.95, lifetime license at $37.95, and family license at $57.95
5. Leawo Video Converter for Mac
This is an easy-to-use media converter for Macs with zero losses in terms of quality. This tool can be used to convert any of your video or audio files to a number of formats. Around 180 formats are supported by Leawo video converter for Mac. It features a parameter adjuster which can be used to adjust the parameters of the output file.
- 3D movie effects are supported by this tool.
- Multiple video files can easily be merged.
- Some useful features are only available when additional modules are bought.
- A help file to assist first-time users is absent.
- FLVs and SWFs cannot be converted with this tool.
6. Movavi Video Converter for Mac
Movavi features an intuitive user interface making it a popular choice among many people who are looking for a decent video converter for Mac. The video conversion speed offered by Movavi is super fast and the output file is of great quality as well. It can also be used for 4K resolution videos.
- Super fast conversion speed.
- No ads and upsells.
- Editing features are pretty limited.
- A help file for users is missing.
- All converted clips will have a watermark.
Price: 1 year subscription at $18.35, and lifetime subscription at $24.90
7. DivX Converter
This is one of the popular online video converters for Mac which supports a decent number of input and output formats for conversion. This converter has useful editing tools that can be used to customize any video as per your requirement before converting it. You can convert files from even Google Drive, Blu-ray discs, and Dropbox.
- Has a simple user interface.
- File parameters like aspect ratio, resolution, and bit rate can be adjusted using this tool.
- The premium version is not free of cost.
- Many ads keep popping up while using this tool.
- The program freezes at times.
Price: Free, Pro version at $22.20
QuickTime is the best free video converter for Mac which can be found inbuilt in all Mac systems. This tool performs multiple tasks apart from converting video files to the desired format. If you wish to use QuickTime, you do not have to waste time downloading or installing any program or software.
- Comes inbuilt in all Mac systems.
- Simple and straightforward user interface.
- Batch processing option is unavailable.
- Codec support is limited.
- Features are limited in comparison to other video converters for Mac.
This is a free video converter for Mac which offers good quality video format conversions. This is a pretty flexible converter since it is based on multiple UNIX tools. The user interface features the drag and drop action which makes it convenient for Mac users. You can even customize and edit the video file before you convert it to the format you need.
- Almost all the popular video formats are supported by this tool.
- Drag and drop features make the user interface simple.
- It is not very easy for amateurs and first-time users.
- Has a very complicated official document.
- It makes the system lag.
10. Aiseesoft Mac Video Converter Ultimate
Aiseesoft mac video converter can be used by Mac as well as Windows users. It has plenty of workable features like editing, converting, and compressing any type of audio and video files. It also has built-in tools using which the basic editing functions can be performed. It can also be used to convert DVD files.
- Supports almost all encoding files formats.
- Includes added features like effects, filters, subtitles, etc.
- This tool is pretty expensive in comparison to other video converter tools.
- You cannot burn the converted tools to DVD.
- Transfer speed is a little slow.
Price: 1 month license at $23.20, lifetime license at $55.20, and business license at $119
The Bottom Line
Video converter tools are pretty important in this digitally advanced era where every information is processed better when it is in the form of a video. The above tools are great if you are looking for some of the best video converters for Mac free. Among all, HitPaw video converter for Mac is the best for its 90x hardware acceleration conversion speed and is highly recommended by several satisfied users all over the world.