How to Edit A Draft on TikTok? Help!
Part 1: How to Edit Drafts on TikTok Directly
- First method: you have to find a draft and edit its description before publishing it.
- Second method: you have to first post a video, and then download it to your phone, before editing it directly on video upload to TikTok.
Method 1: How to Edit Drafts on TikTok Directly Before Posting
- Open TikTok app.
Tap "Me" at the bottom-right corner.
- Tap the “Drafts” button beside your posted content.
Select/find any draft video by tapping it.
- After you use Step 1 to find/select a draft, you will see an option to edit drafts before you post them.
- When the editing screen opens, you will be asked to add a description; after adding a description, click the back arrow located in the upper-left corner, and the editing screen will reopen.
- Make any other changes you desire on the draft, and tap “Next”.
- Set the video draft according to the timeline you desire, and tap “Next”.
- Edit or add captions as desired.
- Set the privacy settings to “Public” or “Friends Only”, and tap “Post”.
- This method cannot be used to edit (captions, texts, effects, music, etc.) on drafts that have been added before.
Method 2: How to Edit Draft Video from Tik Tok via Downloading
Step 1: Open TikTok and tap the "Me" button at the bottom-right corner, and select the draft video you want to edit. Then, publish it directly.
- Step 2: Click on the draft video you published. Tap the three dots at the bottom-right of a video in order to open options menu.
- Step 3: Select the download button at the bottom-left of the pop-up menu, and the video will download to your device.
- Step 4: After downloading, tap the three dots once more, then scroll to the right and tap “Delete”.
- Step 5: Make a hit on the add button (+), and instead of recording a new video, tap the "Upload" button beside the record button.
- Step 6: Select the video you downloaded, then tap "Next" at the bottom-right, and follow instructions for posting and adding a new caption.
- Step 7: Click ‘Next’ and “Post”.
- It also does not support to edit the music, effects and captions added on draft before.
- It is complex.
Part 2: How to Edit TikTok Draft Videos with Third-Party Tools
- Step 1: Post your draft video on TikTok, and download it to your device using the instructions in Part 1, Method 2.
Step 2: To edit the downloaded video, open HitPaw Toolkit Video Editor and choose the feature you need.
- Step 3. Edit it based on your need.
- Step 4: Export the video if you finish all editing works. And you can use it for TikTok.
FAQS on TikTok Video Drafts
1. Where can I find TikTok drafts?
In order to find TikTok drafts, take the following steps:
- Open TikTok app.
- Tap on “Me” (profile icon) located at the bottom right corner of the app. (All saved drafts will appear at the top of your video list.)
- Tap on the “Drafts” button, and select the draft you would like to edit, post, or delete.
2. Can anyone see my drafts on TikTok?
In general, others cannot see your drafts on TikTok, but it may be leaked as some bugs and hacks may cause TikTok has problem. If you do not want your drafts to be saw by anyone with any chances, the best solution is to save all your drafts to your phone and delete them.
3. Does logging out of TikTok delete drafts?
No, it does not: logging out of TikTok does not delete drafts. When using TikTok mobile application, you will be able to save your video posts as drafts before you post them. If you log out, the drafts will remain there, and when you log in again, you will still see your drafts.