How to Edit A Draft on TikTok? Help!
Many TikTok users have asked, or been asking: why can’t I edit a TikTok draft once I want to publish? It is not impossible, only that you do not find a good solution. Here, you can learn how to edit a draft on TikTok with three methods.
Part 1: How to Edit Drafts on TikTok Directly
Generally, you can edit TikTok drafts directly on TikTok by using two methods which we will discuss:
- 1.you have to find a draft and edit its description before publishing it.
- 2.you have to first post a video, and then download it to your phone, before editing it directly on video upload to TikTok.
The two methods are broadly discussed below:
Method 1: How to Edit Drafts on TikTok Directly Before Posting
Before being able to edit TikTok draft, you have to first create or record a video in TikTok, and save it as a draft before you can proceed to use the first method to edit drafts on TikTok directly before posting. To successfully edit drafts in TikTok directly before posting, you will need to find drafts in TikTok.
Step 1: Find drafts on TikTok by taking the following steps:
Open TikTok app.
Tap "Me" at the bottom-right corner.
Tap the “Drafts” button beside your posted content.
Select/find any draft video by tapping it.
Step 2: Edit drafts on TikTok by taking the following steps:
After you use Step 1 to find/select a draft, you will see an option to edit drafts before you post them.
When the editing screen opens, you will be asked to add a description; after adding a description, click the back arrow located in the upper-left corner, and the editing screen will reopen.
Make any other changes you desire on the draft, and tap “Next”.
Set the video draft according to the timeline you desire, and tap “Next”.
Edit or add captions as desired.
Set the privacy settings to “Public” or “Friends Only”, and tap “Post”.
This method cannot be used to edit (captions, texts, effects, music, etc.) on drafts that have been added before.
Method 2: How to Edit Draft Video from Tik Tok via Downloading
Can you edit a draft in TikTok by using another method? Yes, you can. You can edit a draft from TikTok by downloading it to your device, then proceed to delete the copy on TikTok. Next, upload the copy you downloaded, you add a new caption, new background music and effects, then take the following steps in order to edit a draft video from TikTok via downloading:
Step 01Open TikTok and tap the "Me" button at the bottom-right corner, and select the draft video you want to edit. Then, publish it directly.
Step 02Click on the draft video you published. Tap the three dots at the bottom-right of a video in order to open options menu.
Step 03Select the download button at the bottom-left of the pop-up menu, and the video will download to your device.
Step 04After downloading, tap the three dots once more, then scroll to the right and tap “Delete”.
Step 05Make a hit on the add button (+), and instead of recording a new video, tap the "Upload" button beside the record button.
Step 06Select the video you downloaded, then tap "Next" at the bottom-right, and follow instructions for posting and adding a new caption.
Step 07Click ‘Next’ and “Post”.
1. It also does not support to edit the music, effects and captions added on draft before.
2. It is complex.
Part 2: How to Edit TikTok Draft Videos with Third-Party Tools
In this part of the article, we will discuss how to edit draft videos from TikTok by using a third-Party tool called HitPaw Edimakor. HitPaw Edimakor, an app that can be used to edit and produce high-quality TikTok videos, can do much more edits on videos than in TikTok. It is available on both Windows and macOS system. It can also be used to produce videos for HD, YouTube, DVD, etc.
1. All edits are easy to be done here, such as cropping, adding text/filter/transition/sticker, and changing speed/background, etc.
2. Exports 4K video for free
3. All video and audio effects are free to use
4. Features no-ads, no-virus
In order to edit TikTok draft videos by using HitPaw Edimakor, take the following steps:
Step 01If you still don’t have this app, now click the Download button to install it to your desktop.
Step 02Post your draft video on TikTok, and download it to your device using the instructions in Part 1, Method 2.
Step 03To edit the downloaded video, open HitPaw Edimakor and choose the feature you need. You can edit video, audio and image with it. Add transition, filter, sticker, text or music as you desire. To learn more, you can refer to the guide of HitPaw Edimakor.
Step 04Click the Export button in the upper right corner to save the video if you finish all editing works. You can choose to save it as a 4K video and use it for TikTok.
FAQS on TikTok Video Drafts
1. Where are my drafts on TikTok?
In order to find TikTok drafts, take the following steps:
- Open TikTok app.
- Tap on “Me” (profile icon) located at the bottom right corner of the app. (All saved drafts will appear at the top of your video list.)
- Tap on the “Drafts” button, and select the draft you would like to edit, post, or delete.
2. Why can't I edit drafts on TikTok?
To edit TikTok drafts, you need to finish the following things:
- Create a video on TikTok, and save it as a draft.
- Find the location of TikTok draft.
- Re-edit the draft and then post it.
3. How to delete drafts on TikTok?
Follow the steps below to delete drafts in TikTok:
- Find the location of TikTok draft.
- Tap select on the top of the screen and choose the draft you want to delete.
- Tap delete draft.
Bonus Tip: How to Make Fantastic TikTok Videos with Photos Easily
You may want compile your photo into a TikTok video which will be more creative and attractive to your followers. HitPaw MiraCut is the perfect TikTok slidershow app that you can easily create an awesome photo video with hundreds of beautiful video templates, effects and background music.
- Make photo video with tons of templates and effects.
- Create smooth transitions between series of photos
- Easily adjust the duration of each image on the video
- Instantly share your videoto TikTok and Instagram, etc.
- Export your video in 720p or 1080p format with High Quality
- Friendly UI makes it easy for even non-tech-savvy users
Download and install HitPaw MiraCut from Google Play.
Choose templates from Micacut and upload photos from your mobile device.
Edit and adjust the photos as you like. Finally Export or share your videos.
Can you edit a draft in TikTok? Yes you can edit a draft in TikTok by using three ways showed above. We recommend that you use HitPaw Edimakor because it is simple to operate, creates high-quality and good-looking videos with more features.