How to Edit A Draft on TikTok? Help!
Many TikTok users have asked, or been asking: why can’t I edit a TikTok draft once I want to publish? It is not impossible, only that you do not find a good solution. Here, you can learn how to edit a draft on TikTok with three methods.
Part 1: How to Edit Drafts on TikTok Directly
Generally, you can edit TikTok drafts directly on TikTok by using two methods which we will discuss:
- First method: you have to find a draft and edit its description before publishing it.
- Second method: you have to first post a video, and then download it to your phone, before editing it directly on video upload to TikTok.
The two methods are broadly discussed below:
Method 1: How to Edit Drafts on TikTok Directly Before Posting
Before being able to edit TikTok draft, you have to first create or record a video in TikTok, and save it as a draft before you can proceed to use the first method to edit drafts on TikTok directly before posting. To successfully edit drafts in TikTok directly before posting, you will need to find drafts in TikTok.
Step 1: Find drafts on TikTok by taking the following steps:
- Open TikTok app.
Tap "Me" at the bottom-right corner.
- Tap the “Drafts” button beside your posted content.
Select/find any draft video by tapping it.
Step 2: Edit drafts on TikTok by taking the following steps:
- After you use Step 1 to find/select a draft, you will see an option to edit drafts before you post them.
- When the editing screen opens, you will be asked to add a description; after adding a description, click the back arrow located in the upper-left corner, and the editing screen will reopen.
- Make any other changes you desire on the draft, and tap “Next”.
- Set the video draft according to the timeline you desire, and tap “Next”.
- Edit or add captions as desired.
- Set the privacy settings to “Public” or “Friends Only”, and tap “Post”.
- This method cannot be used to edit (captions, texts, effects, music, etc.) on drafts that have been added before.
Method 2: How to Edit Draft Video from Tik Tok via Downloading
Can you edit a draft in TikTok by using another method? Yes, you can. You can edit a draft from TikTok by downloading it to your device, then proceed to delete the copy on TikTok. Next, upload the copy you downloaded, you add a new caption, new background music and effects, then take the following steps in order to edit a draft video from TikTok via downloading:
Step 1: Open TikTok and tap the "Me" button at the bottom-right corner, and select the draft video you want to edit. Then, publish it directly.
- Step 2: Click on the draft video you published. Tap the three dots at the bottom-right of a video in order to open options menu.
- Step 3: Select the download button at the bottom-left of the pop-up menu, and the video will download to your device.
- Step 4: After downloading, tap the three dots once more, then scroll to the right and tap “Delete”.
- Step 5: Make a hit on the add button (+), and instead of recording a new video, tap the "Upload" button beside the record button.
- Step 6: Select the video you downloaded, then tap "Next" at the bottom-right, and follow instructions for posting and adding a new caption.
- Step 7: Click ‘Next’ and “Post”.
- It also does not support to edit the music, effects and captions added on draft before.
- It is complex.
Part 2: How to Edit TikTok Draft Videos with Third-Party Tools
In this part of the article, we will discuss how to edit draft videos from TikTok by using a third-Party tool called HitPaw Video Editor. HitPaw Video Editor is an app that can be used to edit and produce high-quality TikTok videos. It can also be used to produce videos for HD, YouTube, DVD, etc. In order to edit TikTok draft videos by using HitPaw Video Editor, take the following steps:
- Step 1: If you still don’t have this app, now click the Download button to install it to your desktop.
- Step 2: Post your draft video on TikTok, and download it to your device using the instructions in Part 1, Method 2.
Step 3: To edit the downloaded video, open HitPaw Video Editor and choose the feature you need. You can edit video, audio and image with it. To learn more, you can refer to the guide of HitPaw Video Editor.
Step 4. Click the Export button in the upper right corner to save the video if you finish all editing works. And you can use it for TikTok.
Can you edit a draft in TikTok? Yes you can edit a draft in TikTok by using three ways showed above. We recommend that you use HitPaw Video Editor because it is simple to operate, creates high-quality and good-looking videos with more features.
FAQS on TikTok Video Drafts
1. Where can I find TikTok drafts?
In order to find TikTok drafts, take the following steps:
- Open TikTok app.
- Tap on “Me” (profile icon) located at the bottom right corner of the app. (All saved drafts will appear at the top of your video list.)
- Tap on the “Drafts” button, and select the draft you would like to edit, post, or delete.
2. Can anyone see my drafts on TikTok?
In general, others cannot see your drafts on TikTok, but it may be leaked as some bugs and hacks may cause TikTok has problem. If you do not want your drafts to be saw by anyone with any chances, the best solution is to save all your drafts to your phone and delete them.
3. Does logging out of TikTok delete drafts?
No, it does not: logging out of TikTok does not delete drafts. When using TikTok mobile application, you will be able to save your video posts as drafts before you post them. If you log out, the drafts will remain there, and when you log in again, you will still see your drafts.