Complete Rewiew of Krisp Noise Cancelling App
Struggling with background noise during online meetings can be a real hassle. It disrupts communication, making you look less professional to your clients. The problem is most of us need soundproof workspaces, which leads to awkward repetition and longer meetings. But fear not, there's a solution! Enter Krisp AI, the noise-cancelling hero of 2023.
This handy app is here to rescue your conversations from the clutches of unwanted noise, no matter where you are. You don't need a fancy home office or a dedicated space; Krisp AI works its magic to ensure your online meetings are crystal clear.
In this Krisp Noise Cancelling Review, we'll explore its features and pricing so you can discover how to sound like a pro, even in the midst of chaos.
Part 1. In-depth Review of Krisp Noise Cancelling
1. What is Krisp?
Krisp is a revolutionary noise-cancellation tool that acts as a virtual filter between your microphone and your chosen calling application. Its primary function is to prevent any unwanted background noise from infiltrating your calls. If you've ever found yourself apologizing for a noisy environment during a call or frantically muting and unmuting your microphone, Krisp offers a solution.Key Features:
- Advanced Noise Cancellation: Krisp employs a Deep Neural Network trained with over 20,000 noises, 50,000 distinct speakers, and 2,500 hours of audio. The result is a filter that can recognize and remove virtually any background noise.
- Privacy: Unlike some noise-cancellation solutions, Krisp ensures your audio remains private. All audio processing occurs locally on your device, so your conversations never leave your control.
- Simplicity: Krisp simplifies noise cancellation. It adds a one-click solution to your microphone, making it easy to toggle on or off when needed.
- Compatibility: Krisp is versatile and works with multiple operating systems, including iOS, Mac, Windows, and Chrome. It seamlessly integrates with most video conferencing applications.
To truly understand Krisp's capabilities, you can visit its website to hear examples of how its noise cancellation technology functions in various noisy situations.
2. How to Install Krisp
Krisp provides you with desktop application, iOS app and a browser extension.For Windows:
- NET 4.6.2 or above
- 64-bit OS Windows 10
- Windows 1903 Update or above
- macOS 10.12 or above
- CPU Prerequisites: AMD®️ Ryzen 5 or above, Intel®️ Core i5 or above, Apple M-1 ARM-based chip.
Notably, Krisp can work on the M-1 processor through the Rosetta 2 emulator, but they are planning to release a native app for it in the near future.Windows Installation:
- Ensure your device meets the system requirements.
- Download the latest Windows installer package from the Krisp website.
- Launch the installer and follow the setup wizard's instructions.
- Complete the installation process by entering your admin password or confirming an action.
- Confirm that your Mac meets the system requirements.
- Download the Mac app from the Krisp website.
- Double-click on the Krisp.pkg file and follow the on-screen instructions.
- Once the installation is complete, click "Get Started" to learn how Krisp can be used with your chosen app.
- Copy this URL in your Google Chrome bar: chrome://settings/content/microphone
- Pick Krisp Microphone from the exposed list.
3. How to Use Krisp
Krisp is incredibly user-friendly. It's a one-button app, so it's either on or off. Once activated, it automatically connects to your calling apps and begins filtering the audio. If you're working remotely, you'll likely have a preferred app from your company. However, if you're interviewing with remote companies, interviewers often provide a link to various conference software.
The ideal way to use Krisp is to have it filter your audio from your microphone. Still, if you have the Windows or Mac app installed, you can also use it to filter the recipient's audio, which is helpful if they are in a noisy environment. Please note that this feature has yet to be available on Krisp's Chrome Extension.
4. Krisp Pricing Plans
Krisp offers a range of pricing plans to suit different needs:
Krisp offers a free plan with a reasonable allocation of free usage, making it accessible to a wide range of users. The Pro plan is a popular choice for professionals and small teams, providing more extensive features. The Enterprise plan is customizable for larger organizations, offering additional business-focused features.
5. Pros and Cons of Krisp
Before making a decision, it's essential to weigh the pros and cons of Krisp:
Pros of Krisp:
- Ease of Use: Krisp is incredibly user-friendly with a simple one-button toggle.
- Free Plan: The free plan offers 120 minutes of free usage every week, making it accessible to all.
- Versatility: Krisp works across multiple operating systems, including iOS, Mac, Windows, and Chrome.
- Compatibility: It's compatible with a wide range of video conferencing applications, ensuring you can use Krisp with your preferred software.
Cons of Krisp:
- Robotic Voice: The noise filter, when blocking out too much background noise, may make your voice sound slightly robotic.
- Chrome Extension Limitations: Currently, the Chrome Extension does not work with the Zoom Chrome App, and it doesn't allow you to filter the recipient's audio.
Krisp is a valuable tool for anyone seeking to enhance their audio quality during calls. Its straightforward installation, user-friendly operation, and competitive pricing plans make it an attractive choice for individuals, small teams, and enterprises alike. With Krisp, you can say goodbye to background noise and focus on clear and crisp communication.
Part 2. Krisp Alternatives
1. HitPaw Video Converter
In our quest to find powerful alternatives to Krisp, we've stumbled upon HitPaw Video Converter. This remarkable software offers an ingenious solution to the perennial problem of background noise in audio and video recordings.
HitPaw Video Converter stands out for its innovative AI feature called "Noise Remover," which is designed to make your audio and video experiences crisper and clearer.
- Remove all kinds of background noise
- Supports 1000+ video and audio formats
- 100% AI-powered with one click operation
- Real-time preview after noise cancelling
- Available on both Windows and Mac computer
Below is a step by step guide on how to remove noise with HitPaw Video Converter:
Step 1:First of all, please free install and launch HitPaw Video Converter to a computer. Head over to the Toolbox section, where you can download the Noise Remover feature.
Step 2:Add the audio or video file that you want to cancel noise from.
Step 3:Once you've added the audio or video file, the magic begins. The program automatically initiates the process of removing background noise. The built-in AI algorithm will intelligently identify and eliminate unwanted noise, ensuring your content sounds and looks much clearer.
Step 4:As the noise removal process unfolds, you'll have the opportunity to preview and compare the audio or video's quality before and after noise removal. To save your enhanced file, simply click the 'Export' button. If you wish to work on another file, just hit 'Replace' to continue the noise removal process.
When it comes to creating podcasts, recording music, or working with audio samples, Audacity is a reliable and powerful choice. Audacity is a free and open-source audio editor that has been available for years. It handles audio smoothly, supporting up to 32-bit/384kHz quality, complete with built-in dithering. You can import, mix, and combine audio tracks, whether they are stereo, mono, or multitracked recordings, and render the output as a single file.
Audacity also provides flexible editing capabilities down to the sample level, making it a versatile tool for audio enthusiasts. It offers spectrogram and spectral views for analyzing frequency response. While Audacity allows unlimited undo and redos, it's important to note that its edits are typically destructive, meaning they permanently alter the audio. This sets it apart from professional digital audio workstations like Avid Pro Tools.
3. Adobe Audition
If you require more advanced audio editing capabilities, Adobe Audition is an excellent choice. It is a comprehensive audio editor that not only offers multitrack recording and editing but also a wide range of professional correction, polishing, and conform tools.
In a world where the volume of audio content continues to grow, tools for normalization are essential. Adobe Audition excels in this area, helping ensure consistent audio quality across videos, podcasts, and various audio productions. This normalization plays a crucial role in enhancing the overall listening experience, especially with the increasing number of daily audio uploads.
The Bottom Line
In 2023, the Krisp noise-cancelling app shines as a must-have for remote workers. It's your secret weapon when you can't control where you work. Krisp helps you sound like a pro during interviews or team calls. With its impressive features and reasonable pricing, it's your trusted ally in the noisy world of remote work.
This article also lists three best Krisp alternatives for noise cancelling. HitPaw Video Converter's Noise Remover feature empowers users with a simple and effective way to eliminate background noise from their audio and video files, ensuring a superior listening and viewing experience. With this tool at your disposal, you can say goodbye to unwanted disturbances and hello to pristine, noise-free content.