Best OBS Recording Settings for 1080p 60FPS or Youtube
Part 1. Best OBS Recording Settings
1. Best Recording Settings for OBS
- Step 1: Now launch OBS software, and go to Settings. Then we will see through all kinds of the settings one by one.
- Step 2: Click General tab on the left, and you will be able to see all the general setting options. Select the language and theme as you wish. Then scroll down to check the box next to Enable under System Tray.
- Step 3: Click Output on the left, and you can adjust the recording output settings. Choose advanced for Output Mode, and go to Recording > Recording Path > Browse to choose your preferable path to save all your recordings.
- Same as stream: the video quality is what the stream is, and the file size is usually acceptable.
- High quality, medium file size: the recording video is good to watch despite of what the stream quality is, while the file size is medium large.
- Indistinguishably quality, large file size: the video will be clear and accurate while the file size is large. You can choose this one if you want to record game playing or video playing.
- Lossless quality, tremendously large file size: this will create video without quality loss but it is an extremely large file size. You should check your disk space if you want to choose this option.
- Step 4: Click Audio tab on the left to configure audio settings.
- Step 5: Video settings: for Base (Canvas) Resolution you should choose the correct resolution for your monitor; Output (Scaled) Resolution allows you to downscale the recording resolution, and you can choose whatever you like from the drop-down menu.
- Step 6: When it comes to HotKeys, it is the hotkeys you would like to set up according to yourself.
- Step 7: Click Advanced, set Color Space to 709 and Color Range to Full.
2. OBS Recording Settings for YouTube
- 1. Launch OBS in your computer, and click Settings.
- 2. Click the Output tab, and choose Advanced for Output Mode.
- 3. Click Recording, and choose the Standard Type. Click Browse to choose the recording path where you want to save your recording for YouTube videos.
- 4. Click the drop-down menu next to Recording Format, and choose MP4 for most YouTube videos.
- 5. For Encoder settings, choose your dedicated graphics card to adjust its settings. If you don’t have one, choose x264.
- 6. Scroll down and set Rate Control to VBR, Bitrate to 40000 - 60000, Keyframe Interval to 2 seconds, and Profile to High. Then click Apply to save.
- 7. Click Audio on the left. Choose where your sound goes to from computer for Desktop Audio device, and set the Mic/Auxiliary Audio device to the microphone that you are using while recording. Then click Apply to save your changes.
- 8. Click the Video tab on the left. Set Base (Canvas) Resolution to your monitor resolution. Set Output (Scaled) Resolution to the one that you want to downscale your recording. For instance, if you want to record video in 1920*1080, then your video would be 1080P. Set Downscale Filter to Lanczos (Sharpened scaling, 36 samples). Set Common FPS Values to 60 (or 30 if your computer is lagging).
- 9. Click Advanced, set Color Space to 709 and Color Range to Full.
You May Also Like:
What is the best recording format for OBS?
To configure OBS settings for recording, you should adjust General settings, Output settings, Audio settings, Video settings, and Advanced settings. If you want to get more details for each settings, you check this article and you will know.-
What should my OBS settings be?
As a matter of fact, there is no settings that your OBS should be. OBS allows you to customize your program so that you can make full use of it. Before changing OBS settings, you should learn that setting carefully and understand it. If you don’t know it at all, then follow the steps in this article to make changes.
How do I make OBS record smoother?
To make your OBS record smoother, you should have a computer with high performance, so that the program won’t be lagging or freezing while recording. And also, you can adjust your settings to lower figures to make it smoother.