How to Download Amazon Music to Computer
Amazon Music may not be the first on your lips when you mention music streaming platforms, but it still competes with top guns like Apple Music and Spotify. And with an expansive catalog of songs, some users look for how to download music from Amazon Music to computer for offline listening. Here's how to do so.
Can I Download Music From Amazon Music To My Computer?
As discussed earlier, Amazon Music users may download their favorite tunes to their computer or phone. But this depends on the subscription account you're using on Amazon Music. There are three accounts on Amazon Music for users to pick from. They are Amazon Music Free, Amazon Music Prime, and Amazon Music Unlimited.
Let's look at each account to find out which supports offline music playback and downloads for your computer.
Amazon Music Free
Amazon Music Free is a free trial plan for users to get a feel of the music streaming platform. It is the most basic plan and does not require you to be subscribed to Amazon Prime before you use the application.Features:
- Gives access to a million podcast reels and episodes.
- Huge library of songs and playlists.
- Limited features and supports ads.
- Can only play music on shuffle
- Cannot save songs on any device.
Amazon Music Prime
For those who've had a taste of Amazon Music Free and are tired of the ads that come with it, then as long as you're an Amazon Prime subscriber, you can enjoy Amazon Music Prime for free. With a subscription to Amazon Prime, you get all the perks that come with the account and enjoy the music aspect. Read the differences between Amazon Prime Music and Music Unlimited.Features:
- Ad-free music listening.
- Access to over 100 million songs including podcasts, playlists, and stations.
- Can download and store music as long as Amazon Prime subscription is active.
- Users are still limited to playing music on shuffle mode.
- Can only pick songs, play and download without restrictions with the All-Access Playlists.
Amazon Music Unlimited
This is the premium subscription account to Amazon Music. Amazon Music Unlimited gives users the entire experience that comes with Amazon Music and removes all limitations, including music shuffling.Features:
- You can play and download whatever song you want to play.
- Users can enjoy over 100 million songs in lossless HD format, tracks in Ultra HD quality, all using the FLAX audio codec to give crystal clear sound that rivals even Tidal and Apple Music.
- No music shuffling.
- Offline music listening.
- Music cannot be played outside of the Amazon Music app even if the song is downloaded.
You should note that while songs can be downloaded and played offline on Amazon Music Prime and Amazon Music Unlimited, these songs are DRM-protected and so cannot be played outside the Amazon Music app. So, to enjoy your downloaded songs on your computer, you have to convert your saved songs on Amazon Music to MP3. This way, you can keep your Amazon Music songs on your computer forever. Let's show you how.
Best Way to Download Amazon Music to PC and Mac
The best way to download Amazon Music to a computer is by using an Amazon Music Converter, and we recommend Hitpaw Amazon Music Converter. Hitpaw Amazon Music Converter lets you download and play your favorite songs, playlists, and albums from your Amazon Music Prime and Amazon Music Unlimited accounts.
The Outstanding Features of HitPaw Amazon Music Converter
- Download music from Amazon Music to computer
- Download tracks, playlists and albums with simple click only
- Multiple output formats support: MP3, M4A, WAV and FLAC
- Convert Amazon Prime Music and Amazon Music Unlimited to MP3 player, mobile phone, smart watch and any other devices
- You can keep the downloaded Amazon music even after your subscription expires.
- HitPaw Amazon Music Converter retains the high quality of your downloaded songs, so you can enjoy offline listening in Ultra HD quality
- All playlists are stored in the same order as your original playlist while maintaining their ID3 tags. That is, the Title, Album, and Artwork are kept accurate and well organized after converting
- Batch downloads and 120x faster speed
The Steps to Download Amazon Music to PC
Here's a guide on converting music from Amazon Music to PC/Mac using Hitpaw Amazon Music Converter.
Step 1:First things first, you have to install and launch the Hitpaw Video Converter application on your computer or Mac. Once fully installed and running, look for the Toolbox option on the far right and choose Amazon Music Converter under the selections below.
Step 2:Now you're on the Amazon Music Converter, the next step is to sign into your Amazon Music account. Look for the green Sign In button in the top right corner and click it. Follow the prompts that pop up and fill in your email and password to complete the sign-in verification.
Step 3:Once you're signed in, you can browse and select the songs, playlists, or albums you wish to convert from Amazon Music to computer. The application is also a built-in web music player, which means you can play any song from any artist that you love.
When you have decided on a song, album, or playlist to convert, look up to see the URL in the address next to a purple Download button. Click the Download button to start the process.
Step 4:The Download button switches you to the Converting Tab, where you can preview the songs, playlists, or albums you've selected for conversion. You can see their info and unselect anyone you may not want or have accidentally added. You can even delete any unwanted songs here.
Step 5:If you approve of your selections, you can choose your preferred download format. Currently, the HitPaw Amazon Music Converter only supports MP3, M4A, WAV, and FLAC conversion options. So select the MP3 option in the list, and you're ready to convert.
Step 6:On that same page, you will see a purple Convert All button in the bottom right corner. Click on it to convert your songs, playlists, and albums to MP3, which will be saved on your computer or Mac forever.
The Bottom Line
Amazon Music subscribers can freely listen to their favorite songs offline on any device. By using the HitPaw Amazon Music Converter, you can save your songs from Amazon Music as a local file on your computer for offline listening even after your subscription has ended. All songs downloaded are in Ultra HD quality and can be transferred to MP3 players, smartwatches, and other supported devices.