Best Ways to Convert VOB to MP4 Windows 10 (Vlc&Ffmpeg&Handbrake Included)
Part 1. How to Convert VOB to MP4 Windows 10 Via HitPaw Toolkit Video Converter
- Convert videos to more than 1,000 formats and convert audio to the most common formats.
- It will help you edit the videos with cut, crop&rotate, change speed, stop motion, etc. It also allow you to edit photos and generate memes.
- You can convert multiple files at once using HitPaw Toolkit Video Converter.
- Step 1: Download and install HitPaw Toolkit Video Converter. Then launch the app in Windows 10.
- Step 2. Drag and Drop the file to the program.
Step 3: Click on Settings, and choose Video > MP4 as output format.
- Step 4: Click Convert or Convert All (if there are multiple files), and the program will start converting.
Step 5: Click on the Converted tab, and you will see all the converted files.
Part 2. How to Convert VOB to MP4 VLC on Windows 10
- Step 1: Launch VLC Media Player on Windows 10.
- Step 2: Click Media from the menu, and then click Convert/Save.
- Step 3: Add the VOB file(s) to the program, and ensure to select Convert at the bottom.
- Step 4: Enter a name for the converted file(s), and choose a destination path for converted files. More importantly, choose MP4 as the target format. And click Start and VLC program will start converting VOB to MP4 immediately.
Part 3. Ffmpeg VOB to MP4 Convereter on Windows 10
- Step 1: Download FFmpeg build on your Windows computer. Extract the folder.
- Step 2: Rename the extracted folder to FFmpeg.
- Step 3: Copy the FFmpeg folder, and paste it into your hard drive, usually This PC > C drive.
- Step 4: Open the Run box, and type “SystemPropertiesAdvanced.exe” and click OK.
- Step 5: Click on Environment Variables.
- Step 6: Go to Path > New, and paste the path of FFmpeg, and click OK. This will install FFmpeg in Windows.
- Step 7: Run Command Prompt as administrator.
Step 8: Type the following command to convert VOB to MP4 via FFmpeg (“X” refers to the file name of your MP4 video).
ffmpeg -i input -acodec libfaac -vcodec mpeg4 -b 1200k -mbd 2 -flags+mv4+aic -trellis 2 -cmp 2 -subcmp 2 -metadata title=X output.mp4.
Then press enter to run the command.
Step 9: Type the location that VOB file is saved in, and press Enter. Then you will have the converted MP4 files.
Part 4. Handbrake VOB to MP4 Converter on Windows 10
- Step 1: If it is the first time you use the VOB to MP4 converter Handbrake, then you should download the program and install it on Windows 10.
- Step 2: Once on the user interface, click Open Source > File, and select the VOB file to import.
- Step 3: Click Browse, and choose MP4 as the output format, and choose the output folder you want.
- Step 4: You are allowed to configure the presets in the Presets section.
- Step 5: Click Start Encode, and the program will start converting.
Part 5. Which Solution is Better to Choose?
|Solutions||Platform||Price||Ease of Use||Friendliness of UI|
|HitPaw Toolkit Video Converter||Win||$8.99||Easy||Awesome|
|VLC Media Player||Win/Mac/Linux/iOS/Android||Free||Easy||Good|
|Ffmpeg||Win/Mac/Linux||Free trial||Difficult||Unfriendly to tech newbie|