How to Convert MP4 to MOV? A Step-by-Step Guide
Part 1. .Mov vs .Mp4
|Developer||International Organization for Standardization||Apple Inc.|
|Supported devices||Widely supported by platforms and websites||Supported by Apple|
|File Size||MP4 files take smaller file size||MOV takes larger file size|
|Metadata||MP4 uses titles, subtitles, descriptions||MOV uses tags and annotations|
|Upsides||Widely supported in most situations; smaller file size||Safe to use in Apple device;|
|Downsides||You can’t use mp4 in Apple devices||Large file size; You can’t use MOV in non-Apple devices|
Part 2. How to Convert MP4 to MOV Windows 10/Mac Free
- Step 1 If you haven’t tried it before, download and install HitPaw Video Converter in your Windows/Mac computer. If you have already had it on your computer, skip to the next step.
- Step 2Launch the program, and import your MP4 file(s) via dragging and dropping.
- Step 3 Click “Setting” to choose output file formats
- Step 4 Click the “Convert” button to convert your MP4 to MOV successfully. Then, you can find the converted MOV file on the Converted part or your computer.
Part 3. Best 5 Ways to Convert MP4 to MOV Online Free
1. Convertfiles MP4 to .MOV
- Step 1. Go to the Convertfiles website in your browser.
- Step 2. Click Browse, and head to the MP4 files to upload. Then choose MOV as the output format.
- Step 3: Click the Convert button.
2. Freeconvert Converting MP4 to MOV
- Step 1: Search https://www.freeconvert.com/ in your browser. Then you will see several kinds of the converter.
- Step 2: Click Convert my files to MOV.
- Step 3: You will be redirected to the screen to upload your file, click Choose Files, then select MP4 files to upload.
- Step 4: Click Convert to MOV.
3. Onlineconverter to Convert .MP4 to .MOV
- Step 1: Go to onlineconverter.com in your device.
- Step 2: There you will see several options: Unit Converter, Video Converter, Audio Converter, etc. Under the Video Converter section, click Convert to and select MOV, then click Go.
- Step 3: If your MP4 file is saved in your device, click Upload File to upload it. If it is a video from URL, then choose From a URL, and enter the URL.
- Step 4: Click the Convert button.
4. Convertio to Change MP4 to MOV
- Step 1: Go to https://convertio.co/ in your browser.
- Step 2: You are free to upload files from your device, from Dropbox, from Google Drive, or URL.
- Step 3: After uploading, click the box next to To., then select Video > MOV. Click Convert.
5. Cloudconvert .MP4 to .MOV
- Step 1: Head to the Cloudconvert website.
- Step 2: On the banner section, be sure to choose Convert MP4 to MOV.
- Step 3: Click Select File to upload. Then configure the output video settings as you wish, such as codec, preset, height, width, etc.
- Step 4: Click the Convert button and you are good to go.