How To Upscale Video Premiere Pro in 2023
In an era where high-definition content is a norm, ensuring your videos meet the ever-growing resolution expectations is vital. Whether for professional projects or personal use, upscale techniques can significantly improve your content quality. As of 2023, Adobe Premiere Pro remains a preferred choice for this. Get into this guide to understand how.
Part 1. What is Adobe Premiere Pro?
Adobe Premiere Pro is an industry-leading video editing software used by videographers, filmmakers, and professionals worldwide. When you think of video editing and upscaling, Adobe is the top most names to come to one’s mind. Now, you might be confused with the working mechanism of it. We’ll simplify it for you.Functions & Features
- Timeline Editing: Offers a non-linear editing interface.
- Multimedia Integration: Seamlessly import and mix different media types.
- VR Editing: Edit and produce VR content.
- Effects & Transitions: A vast array of built-in options and third-party plugins.
- Color Grading: Comprehensive Lumetri Color tools.
- Audio Editing: Integrated with Adobe Audition for precision audio work.
As of 2023, Adobe Premiere Pro is available through the Adobe Creative Cloud subscription model. The standard packages start with US$20.99/mo for individuals and US$35.99/mo per license for teams.
- Suited for high-end video projects
- Works seamlessly with other Adobe products like After Effects and Photoshop
- Adobe consistently rolls out updates, ensuring users have access to the latest features and bug fixes
- Might be overwhelming for beginners
- Monthly or yearly subscription can be costly over time
Part 2. How To Upscale Video Premiere Pro
Upscaling videos in Premiere Pro is a straightforward process:
1. Import Your Video:Begin by opening Adobe Premiere Pro and creating a new project. Import the video you wish to upscale via the 'File' menu and then 'Import'.
2. Place on Timeline:Drag your imported video onto the timeline.
3. Sequence Settings:Right-click on the sequence in your timeline, and select 'Sequence Settings'. Here, adjust the frame size to your desired upscale resolution, e.g., from 1080p to 4K.
4. Increase Video Size:In the 'Effect Controls' panel, adjust the video's 'Scale' parameter until it fills the frame.
5. Apply Sharpening (Optional):Upscaling can sometimes make a video appear slightly soft. To counteract this, you can add a 'Sharpen' effect from the 'Effects' panel. Adjust the effect's value for desired sharpness.
Step 6. Export:Once satisfied, go to 'File', then 'Export' and 'Media'. Ensure you select the appropriate upscale resolution in the 'Output' settings. Adjust other export settings as needed, and then hit 'Export'.
Part 3. Best Alternative Of Premiere Pro Upscale
If you’re looking for Premiere Pro alternatives, then we have the perfect option for you in the face of HitPaw Video Enhancer. This is the latest AI video enhancer for people looking to upscale their videos. Here are some features of it:
- AI Upscaling: Using advanced artificial intelligence, HitPaw Video Enhancer can take lower resolution or compressed videos and upscale them to higher resolutions.
- 4K/8K Quality: One of its strongest suits is its ability to enhance video qualities to 4K and even 8K.
- Remove Noise: The software can analyze and remove background noise from videos, making them clearer without sacrificing detail.
- Sharpen Video: By identifying textures and grains, this AI video enhancer can sharpen your video by removing visible blurs.
- Enlarge Video: The super-resolution technology can magnify videos while ensuring there's no loss in clarity or added distortion.
Step 1.Download HitPaw Video Enhancer
Step 2. Launch and Upload
After downloading and installing HitPaw Video Enhancer on your computer, click on its icon to launch the software.
Upon launching, you'll be greeted with a user-friendly interface. The main workspace typically has clear buttons and panels, making it intuitive even for beginners.
Look for the “Choose File” button – this is where you'll add the videos you want to enhance. Clicking this might open a file explorer, allowing you to navigate to the video's location on your computer. Select the video and confirm to add it to the software.
Step 3.Select AI Model
As mentioned, HitPaw Video Enhancer offers several AI models catered to different types of videos. Each model has been trained differently to cater to specific video types or tasks.
Specialized AI Models
●General Denoise Model: Focuses on enhancing general videos by removing noise and making them clear.
●Animation Model: Specifically tailored for animation videos, restoring clarity and providing AI-based upscale.
●Face Model: Designed for videos that primarily capture human faces, this model enhances facial details and improves video quality.
●Colorize Model: Ideal for old black-and-white videos. This tool can colorize and breathe life into old content, making it vibrant.
●Color Enhancement Model: The Color Enhancement Model can enhance the faded color and make the video looks better.
●Frame Interpolation Model: The model will intelligently convert low frame rate video to that of high frame rate, making motion smoother and details clearer in videos.
●Stabilize Model: This model can automatically detect and correct shaking in video, providing more stable and clear video output.
Step 4.Preview and Export
Before you finalize and save your enhanced video, it's a good idea to see what the changes look like. Clicking on the “Preview” button will allowing you to see a side-by-side comparison of the original and enhanced versions. Once you're satisfied, it's time to save your work. Look for the "Export" button, usually located near the preview option. Clicking it will bring up export settings. Once done, you'll be notified, and your video will be ready for viewing, sharing, or further editing.
Part 4. FAQs Of Adobe Premiere Upscale Video
Q1. Can Premiere Pro upscale to 4K?
A1. Yes, Adobe Premiere Pro can upscale videos to 4K. With its powerful Sequence Settings and Effect Controls, users can modify and enhance the video resolution. While the software provides upscaling capabilities, always ensure that the source footage is of high quality for the best results.
Q2. Can Premiere Pro edit in 4K?
A2. Absolutely! Adobe Premiere Pro is designed to handle a variety of video resolutions, including 4K. Its robust system allows users to import, edit, color grade, and export in 4K resolution. This ensures high-definition quality for projects requiring crisp visuals.
Q3. What specs are needed for 4K editing?
4K video editing demands a powerful PC setup. Some of the recommended specs include:
Processor: A multi-core processor, ideally 6-cores or more.
RAM: At least 16GB, but 32GB or more is highly recommended for smooth editing.
Graphics Card: A dedicated GPU with at least 4GB VRAM, better if 8GB or higher.
Storage: SSD for faster read/write speeds, with a minimum of 256GB. However, considering the file size of 4K videos, a 1TB or larger SSD, or an additional HDD for storage, is beneficial.
Monitor: A 4K resolution monitor for precise editing and color grading.
Upscaling and editing videos in 4K have become integral in today's digital age, where high-resolution content is highly sought after. While Adobe Premiere Pro offers robust tools for this, software like HitPaw Video Enhancer, powered by AI, is streamlining the process even further. So, whether you're a professional editor or someone looking to enhance personal memories, embracing these tools can redefine your video editing experience. Ready to elevate your content? Give HitPaw Video Enhancer a try today!