Best 10 MOV Players for Android and Windows
What is Mov File? Is It Difficult to Play?
How to Use .Mov Player Windows
- Windows Media Player
- VLC Media Player
- QuickTime Player
- MiniTool MovieMaker
- Wondershare UniConverter
1. Windows Media Player
- Install Windows Media Player, and the additional software called 3ivx codec.
- Restart your computer and go to the location of the mov file; right-click on it.
- Choose to open the file with Windows Media Player.
2. VLC Media Player
- Download and install the program.
- Open VLC after installation.
- Click on the Media tab on the top left corner of the program’s main screen; then select “Open File” and choose which mov video you wish to watch.
3. QuickTime Player
- Download and Install the software.
- Click on the “File” option and choose “Open File” afterward.
- Select the mov video you want, and click to open.
4. MiniTool MovieMaker MOV player
- Install the software and open it.
- Disable the window for templates on the main page of the software.
- Click on the “Import Media Files” button to import the mov video into the application.
- Click on the play button, which you’d find in the preview section.
5. Wondershare UniConverter .MOV Player
- Download and install the application. Open it and select the “Add Files” button, which is at the top-left corner of the page. The button allows you to add one or more mov videos to the application.
- Preview the videos. You would find the play button when you hover the cursor over the movie’s thumbnail.
- Click on “Play” to watch the movie.
5 Best Android MOV Players
- MOV Player for Android
- VLC for Android
- MX Player
1. MOV Player for Android
- A Simple interface, with media controls on the bottom of the screen.
- It supports over eight standard video formats.
- The app is free to download from the Android App Store.
- Support for embedded subtitle files.
- Support for Dual-core/Quad-core decoding.
- It has several playback modes.
3. VLC for Android MOV File Player
- Closed Caption and Teletext.
- It supports network streams and sharing.
- There is a unified library for audio and video files.
4. MX Player
- Child lock which hides the playback controls.
- It supports gestures for subtitles.
- The app can pinch to zoom and pan.
5. GPlayer Android MOV Player
- Multi-window support
- Group sharing for simultaneous video transfer
- Customizable user interface
How to Play MOV File without .MOV Player
Use a Video Converter
Download and install the HitPaw application on a computer.
Import the video into the program by dragging and dropping it.
Select the “Settings” option to choose another format.
- Choose an output path and convert the mov file to your computer or Android device to view them.
FAQs about MOV Player
Q1. Why can’t I open a .mov file on my Mac?
By default, Mac and iOS devices are the only devices that support mov files. If you are unable to open a mov file on your Mac, it could mean that the quicktime player can’t open .mov files at the time. You can still use other mov players such as VLC media player to watch your mov contents.
Q2. Is MOV compatible with Windows?
No. The .mov file format is only compatible with Mac and iOS devices, and you have to convert the file to another extension on a Windows PC. Alternatively, you can also download a media player that can playback the mov file format on Windows
Q3. Will QuickTime play MOV files?
Yes. It is one of the default players on Mac computers that can play mov files. You can also install QuickTime on a Windows PC. However, Apple has stopped pushing updates to the software, so you would have to make do with an older version of the program.