[Must-read] Step By Step Guide on How to Record on Mac
1. How to Record Screen on Mac Use QuickTime
First, open the player, and click File, and then select the “New Screen Recording” option.
- Now, you will see the Screen Recording option. This option will help you to record the screen.
- Before you click the above option, you will see a down error near the red button. Click this option and check the properties.
- Once you are done with the settings, click the red button to start the process. You will see a pop-up that will help you to select the area of the screen.
- When you are done with the recording, click the Stop icon.
Now, to save the File, select the "File" option again and click the "Save" button and named your File.
2. Record Screen Mac with Screenshot Toolbar
- First press command + shift + 5 at the same time to open the screenshot toolbar.
Now, it’s time to select the screen area. Either select Record Entire Screen or you can select a particular section; it totally depends on you. In case you have selected the "Record Entire Screen," your recording will begin within a few seconds.
- Now, choose the “Record” option and start the recording.
Once you are done, select the Stop option, and your recording will be stopped.
- You can select the contextual menu to save your recording. So, you see, this is how you can easily record your screen.
3. Free Screen Recorder Mac Online
I.HitPaw Online Screen Recorder
- Visit this link and select the “System Audio” option.
Now, click the “Start Recording” option. You will see a new screen from where you can select different options, such as Entire Screen, Window, and Chrome Tab.
Once you have selected the option, click the "Share," and your recording will start immediately.
- Once you are done, click the "Stop" option, and your recording is done.
- Simple to use and completely free.
- Online tool with highly advanced features.
- Record Webcam, screen and much more.
- You need to use the online video editor to edit the recorded video so that your player can play it.
II.Apowersoft Mac Screen Recorder
Go to the official website and look for the screen recording option.
- After that, select the Start Recording option.
- Now, you will be asked to customize the settings, so do it.
- Once you are done, save the video and enjoy the recording. You can also upload it on YouTube, RecCloud, etc.
- Easy to use and straightforward.
- Minimal steps are required to complete the recording.
- Best for Mac and is free to use.
- Some users find issues while saving the video.
- The API version doesn’t work well.
III.Screen Capture Record Screen Mac
- Go to Screen Capture official website.
- Since we want to record the screen with Audio, so select the “Sound” option.
In the next step, click the “Start Recording” option.
- It will ask you the options, such as you want to record the Window or entire screen. Click the right option and hit the “Share” option.
- You will see that your recording has been started. To stop the recording click the “Stop” option.
- Finally, you are ready to use it.
- You don’t have to download it.
- Require fewer steps to complete the recording.
- Works with all the versions.
- Sometimes it stuck during long recordings.
4. Best Google Extensions to Record Screen on Mac
I.Loom Screen Recorder Mac
- Download the extension from Google Chrome and launch it.
Now, select the option, such as Full desktop or Current tab.
- Make sure to choose the “Default Microphone” option.
- Now, click the Start Recording option.
- Your recording will begin immediately.
- It can be integrated with business services.
- Used by millions of users.
- Limitations in free version.
- Issues with system audio recording .
- Go to the website and click the “Get Started” option.
Now, select the options as required. Make sure to select the “Browser Audio” option.
- After clicking the “Share Your Screen” option. Wait for a while and select the required option.
- Your recording will be started within a few seconds.
- Good for all types of devices.
- It doesn't require many steps to complete the process.
- Can’t record perfectly if 5 minutes are passed.
- Require more functions.
III.Screencastify Free Screen Recorder Mac
- Download the extension and select the recording option.
Don’t forget to choose the Microphone option if you want to record the screen with Audio.
- Once you are done, select the “Record” option. Your recording will being immediately.
- You don’t need to register yourself.
- Easy to use.
- You have to scan the browser several times.
- Can’t adjust the size.