Screen Recorder with Audio: What You Need to Know
Have you been in a situation where a friend or family member is asking how to do something on their phone or laptop, and no matter how much you explain they just do not understand? You wish you could just show them, and now you can with screen recording. Not only will it show what you are doing on your screen, but it also has audio. So now you can share your screen with anyone, friends, family, co-workers.
Part 1: Windows Screen Recorder with Audio
With windows you can either record screen and audio by using software’s or if you have a windows ten you can use the inbuilt screen recorder with internal audio.
- The first thing you need to do is open the Windows game bar. Press the window key with the G key. If it does not open via the shortcut you may need to enable the game bar in settings first.
The recording tool should be in the top-left corner of your screen by default. If it does not appear you can find the record button by using the tool bar located at the top of your screen.
- If you are wondering how to record a screen with audio (e.g., your voice), you simply need to click on the microphone button on your screen. I will begin recording using your default microphone settings.
- To end the recording session, you simply need to use the stop button on the recording timer that is running or use the game bar menu.
The entire process is quick and easy to understand for even the most novice users.
Part 2: Record Screen and Audio Mac
Like other computers the MAC is capable of screen recording due to built-in software. MACs are equipped with a screen recorder that records audio from the computer as well as from your microphone.
Way 1: Using Screenshot Toolbar
To begin recording on your MAC you need to use the screenshot toolbar. Press shift, command and the 5 keys together. You will then be given the choice to record the whole screen part of the screen or to take a screenshot.
- For a full screen recording, select the button that look like your mac screen with a recording circle on its lower right side . You can then click the record button or click on any screen that you wish to begin recording.
- To end the recording, you need to click on the Stop icon provided in the menu, alternatively you can press the command, control, and escape keys together.
Way 2: Using QuickTime Player
Another way of screen recording on your MAC is by using the QuickTime player application that comes with your MAC.
Go to your application folder, select the file option then select new recording from the menu. Then either the controls will show up or a screen recording window will appear.
- You can change the recording setting before starting recording.
- Then click the record button, you can then click on the screen to begin recording or start recording in a select area for a partial screen recording.
- To end the recording, you simply need to click the Stop button or press the control, command, escape keys simultaneously.
Part 3: Record Screen and Audio on iPhone
Screen recording is not just limited to a computer, it can be done on phones as well. Any iPhone with iOS 14 or newer is capable of screen recording due to built in software.
To begin you need to go to settings and select control centre, then select mote controls, then tap on the Plus icon beside the screen recording option.
- Then you need to open the control centre on your phone, long tap the record button and then tap on the microphone icon. After the 3 second countdown your phone will begin recording.
- To end the recording, you can reopen the control centre and tap the recording button again or tap the red bar on the top of your screen.
Alternatively, you can plug your iPhone into your MAC and use the QuickTime option to screen record your phone screen. The only difference is that you must choose your iPhone as the video source. Other than this, the process is the same as that used for screen recording on a MAC.
Part 4: Screen Recorder with Audio Free on Android
Depending on the android phone you have you may or may not be able to screen record using the phones software. For people who do not have built in capability they can get apps that work as a screen recorder with audio free of charge.
Included in this list of apps is the AZ Screen Recorder, it is one of the highest rated and widely used screen recording apps for androids.
All it requires you to do is open the app and begin screen recording whatever you wish to. It automatically exports the recorded video to your phone gallery, it can also save the video to the apps gallery as well.
Another such app is OneShot Screen Recorder. It is a free screen recording app available for android users.
You just need to go to the Google Playstore, download the app and begin using it to screen record.
Part 5: Screen Recorder with Audio and Facecam
If you would like to have a software on your desktop for screen recording, then you cannot go wrong with HitPaw Screen Recorder. It not only records your screen, but also your webcam and allows for picture in picture recording.
The first step is to go to the official site of HitPaw, then download and install the HitPaw Screen Recorder software.
- Once it has been installed it will either open automatically or you can open it by clicking on the icon on your home screen.
- After selecting the Picture in Picture option, you need to select the region to record by long pressing and dragging your mouse.
With the choices in the lower-left corner of the menu bar, you can adjust the screen and webcam size. If you choose the first option, the webcam will appear on the top layer of the screen in a small- sized format. If you choose the second option, your webcam will appear on the bottom layer of the screen in a larger size.
- You can alter the webcam's settings by clicking the webcam icon before recording.
To begin recording, click the Record button; to stop recording, click the same button again. If you need to take a screenshot, the button next to Stop is a convenient way to do so; give it a try if necessary.
- When you click the Stop button to end the recording, the software will instantly take you to the editing interface. Trim your video with a single click or inspect it immediately in the output folder.
HitPaw provides its user a quick and user-friendly way of screen recording not just their screen but also their webcams. It also provides the option to record a certain amount of the screen as opposed to other software that records your screen.
There are a variety of ways to screen record for windows, MAC, and your phones whether an iPhone or an android. If you choose an external software either because your computer does not have self-recording capabilities or you simply do not like the quality of the software you have, you should choose HitPaw Screen Recorder. It has a user-friendly interface, is free to use and offers a range of recording options.