The Complete Guide on How to Turn Live Photo into GIF
1. What is a Live Photo?
2. What's the Difference between Live Photo and GIF?
- A gif is simply a short video in a different format than MP4. Live Photos, on the other hand, are 3 seconds videos that comprise 1.5 secs before pressing the shutter and 1.5 seconds after.
- Gif files and live Photos are not saved in the same folder. Gif files, when shared across multiple platforms, remain as gif files. When live photos are shared on some platforms, they display as ordinary images.
- Live Photos take up more space and have higher resolutions than GIFs.
3. Can I Convert Live Photos to GIF?
4. How to Make Live Photo into GIF
a. Use Photos App in iOS Device
- Open Photos App on your iPhone and choose Album that contains live photos.
Tap the picture you want to convert to GIF.
Open the Live Photo and swipe up when viewing until you see four options: Bounce, Live, Loop, and Long Exposure.
- Choose any of the desired effects, and the photo will be added to a new album tagged Animated Album.
b. Use Third-Party Apps
- Download the Lively app from the App Store. Install Lively, launch, and Grant it permission to access Photos.
- Tap the GIF option on the top menu or choose either Frame or Movie.
- Tap the Export GIF button to select live photos you want to convert to GIF and begin the process.
- Check the Lively website for information on how to make a GIF a live photo.
2. Joyoshare LivePhoto Converter
- Visit Joyoshare's official website to download and install the software on your PC. Launch the software.
- Use a USB cable to connect your phone. Sync the live photos you want to convert and save them on the desktop folder.
- Click Add File on the top menu to put live photos you want to convert on the interface. Add as much as 20 per session.
- Use the Edit button to preview live photos and make changes to them. Click Format and select GIF as output format. You can also rename the file and change the resolution as desired.
- Click Convert when you are satisfied with the settings. In a short while, you should see your GIFs in the Converted folder of Joyoshare.
3. Use GIPHY
- Download GIPHY from App Store. Install and allow permission to access Photos.
Launch the app and click Create by the top right corner (beside the camera icon).
- There are two options. You can choose to snap photos instantly and convert them to GIFs or locate your albums to find live photos you want to convert to GIFs. Choose the preferred option.
- Use the customization tools to add effects and preferences to your photos. Once you are satisfied with the settings, tap the purple arrow below to upload the GIF. A link for sharing the GIF file will be provided, and you can also save the GIF file in your preferred folder.
5. If You Want to Convert a Video to a GIF? Use HitPaw Toolkit
Download the software, open it and select Video to GIF option.
- Select or drag and drop the video you need to convert.
Choose the portion of the video you want to convert to GIF. This is done by moving the arrowheads to mark the start and the end of the GIF file.
- Click Play to preview the GIF. You can also alter parameters like resolution and quality.
- Click Next and then select the quality to store the emerging GIF file to your computer.