Is iMovie Good for Video Editing? Find Solutions Here!
What is iMovie?
iMovie is a video editor that runs on iOS and macOS devices. It originally started in 1999 as a bundled application in the 8th version of macOS. It came with Mac models that had FireWire enabled. Since 2017, iMovie has been available for download on iOS and macOS devices.
The application has editing features such as effects and filters. However, Apple intended iMovie to be a consumer product, as opposed to being a professional one. It is because they have another professional video editing software.
By implication, iMovie only has the basic video editing tools, and the interface isn’t as professional-looking as the competition. It answers the question, “is iMovie good for editing?” notwithstanding, the several features that are in the application work smoothly, and it implements video functions without any errors.
What Can iMovie Do?
App Preview Creation
Is iMovie Good for Editing?
The interface is uncluttered
iMovie has a minimalist interface that puts the most fundamental elements in positions where you can easily find them. Once you open the application, you get two tabs that represent Media and Projects. On the left tab, you would find the option to start a new movie editing, or a trailer editing project.
You would also find conveniences such as dark mode support from the later versions of the application.
It supports newer hardware
Apple Intends it for Consumers
How to Use iMovie to Edit Video
- Open the app to begin using it. The app is in the dock area of macOS and the applications folder of the iOS interface. If you cannot find the app there, you can download it all over again in the App Store.
- Choose a Library within the iMovie application. You can pick a library from a past iMovie project or the “all events” from your Mac device to use.
- Create a new movie by adding a video clip to the project timeline. From there, you can trim the clip and save the cut. You can also split the clip and combine them.
- Save your projects after you’re through. To save your iMovie projects when you finish, tap on the iMovie window and then Share to process the next step.
- You would then choose the File, and then change the video information to your desires. Tap on next, and it takes you to the destination folder where you can save finally.
- Export your projects when you are ready to leave the iMovie environment. Tap on the Share icon, which you can see at the top-right corner within the application.
- Then, pick out the destination you to which you want to export, it could be YouTube, iTunes, or other social media outlets. You have finished editing a video.
FAQs about iMovie
1. Is iMovie good for editing YouTube videos?
No. It works well if you are hoping to create a simple video. However, it doesn’t hold up well for videos that have increased complexity. YouTube videos generally have a high technical requirement, and you can use other video editors.
2. Is iMovie good for beginners?
Yes. The layout and implementation of the application make it easy to access basic video editing elements. You can open the software and start using it with little or no technical know-how.