(Step by Step) How to Mute A YouTube Video for Free
You might want to mute an uploaded YouTube video online and free for a variety of reasons. In other words, this video can serve as the basis for another voice-over. It may also be a case of the soundtrack being of poor quality, with lots of interferences and background pop. If you want to remove audio from YouTube videos but don't know how to mute YouTube videos, read on!
1. One-Click to Mute YouTube Video Using HitPaw Online Video Editor
Are you looking for how to mute a YouTube video online? Try HitPaw Online Video Editor for free! It lets you mute the original sound of a YouTube video and add your voice-over or any music or audio track of your liking. If necessary, play a clip of your audio and muffle the original. The HitPaw Online Video Editor is free and online and can be accessed from any device or browser.
Steps on How to Mute YouTube Videos Using HitPaw
Head to the official website of HitPaw Online Video Editor and drag or drop the YouTube video you wish to mute.
You can click go and wait a minute and the file will be completed.
Once you submit your files, the HitPaw will start creating a mute video. Thereafter, you can either save the muted YouTube video directly or save it to Dropbox.
2. How to Mute a Video to YouTube Using VLC
YouTube does not have a feature for muting a video once it has been uploaded. In other words, if you want your YouTube video to be muted, you will first have to remove the audio before uploading the video. VLC is a good program for muting YouTube videos. The popular media player offers several features, including video conversion, removal of audio files, etc. It is easy and quick to remove the audio.
Steps for Removing Audio from Uploaded YouTube Videos Using VLC
VLC is a helpful tool to solve your problem of how to mute a video to YouTube. Here are the detailed steps for you.
The first step is to open your VLC Media player application on your system and select Media > Convert/Save from the main interface.
- Click the Add button in the new Open Media window to select the video to handle. On the bottom-right corner, click on the Convert/Save link.
Click Convert to open the window. In the Settings section, select the YouTube-compatible file profile and format. You can now edit the selected profile by clicking the Edit Selected Profile button next to it.
- Once you click Edit Profile, you'll see this window pop up. Uncheck the box next to the Audio option on the Audio codec tab. To confirm the settings, click the Save button.
After that, select the system location where you want to store the processed file at the Destination file: tab, and then click Start. During the processing, VLC will remove the audio from the file. When you select a location for the mute file, the file will be saved there and is ready for uploading to YouTube.
3. How to Mute A YouTube Video on iPhone Before Uploading
When creating mute videos on your iPhone, you may need to remove audio from the video file. You can use the mute videos to create slideshows, add voiceovers when the original sound doesn't sound good, and for other purposes. Learn more about removing audio from videos on iPhone in the next parts of this topic.
4. How to Mute YouTube Videos from iPhone Videos with iMovie
Apple's video editing app, iMovie, facilitates the customizing of files in several different ways. By removing the audio from the video file, you can create mute videos with this iPhone app. You can use the app for free on your iPhone, and you can rotate videos and combine them with others.
Steps on how to mute a video on iPhone using iMovies
- First, you need to download, install, and run the iMovie application on your iPhone device. Click the Continue button in the Welcome window.
- To create a new project, click on the plus sign on the Projects page. Choose the Movie option from the New Projects pop-up. Afterward, tap on the checkbox next to the video to be edited and then click on the Create Movie button.
Tap the video track in the section at the bottom, then click the audio sign to open the settings. You can either move the slider to zero or click the mute sign to set the volume level to zero. Click Done on the upper left corner of the screen to confirm your changes.
5. How to Remove Audio from YouTube Video on Desktop
HitPaw also provides an all-in-one video editor - HitPaw Video Editor - for removing audio from YouTube video easily. Besides muting videos, you can also make more edits on your video to create an interesting work as HitPaw Video Editor provides almost all basic editing functions and makes your editing work easier.
- All edits can be easily done in 3 steps.
- Provides unlimited tracks.
- Edits videos and audio in one place.
- Produces HD/2K/4K videos.
- Adds filters, transition, text and stickers to videos.
- Offers reasonable and cost-eefective price.
- Quite user-friendly interface.
- Freaquently updates new features.
Steps on removing audio from YouTube video in HitPaw Video Editor:
HitPaw provides more than one method to mute video, and all methods are easy.
After dragging video to the timeline, click on the sound icon on the left side of the timeline.
If you don't need the audio anymore, you can right-click on the video on the timeline to choose Detach Audio. And delete the detached audio.
Click on the video on the timeline, and choose Sound in the upper right box. Drag the slider to turn the volume to 0.
If you are interested in muting a YouTube video online before publishing it or a video that has been uploaded? Then HitPaw Online Video Editor is your solution. Besides, with HitPaw Video Editor, you can remove the sound from videos via 3 easy ways. If you want learn How to Mute Video on All Devices, You can continue to read this article.
You May Be Interested
Click here to install
Do you want to mute YouTube videos and add your choice of voice-over to make your project and slideshows? Simply copy and paste the YouTube URL into the HitPaw editor. When you're finished editing the YouTube video, you'll be able to download it as an MP4 file.