How to Make a Transparent Image with Paint/GIMP/PS/SAI/Pixlr
1. How to Make a Transparent Image in Paint
- Launch Paint on your Windows PC. Click File>Open. Locate the target image on your computer and double-click to the image on the Paint timeline.
- Open the 'Tools pallet' on the left of your screen. Click Magnifying to enlarge the picture so you can select areas to make it transparent.
- Click the Image drop-down menu and see if the "Draw Opaque" box is unchecked. If the box is checked, uncheck it.
Check for the dotted star icon which represents the "Free-Form Select" tool. Use the tool to draw or highlight areas on the image that you want to be transparent. After highlighting the required parts, a dotted square or rectangle pops up, click the "Del" key on your keyboard to effect transparency. You should see a white space filling the highlighted area.
- Look for portions of the image that are yet to be rendered transparent and try Step IV.
- Save the transparent image by clicking File>Save As. Change the name of the photo to keep the original. Click the "Save As Type" from the "Save As" drop-down menu and select "GIF" format. Only the GIF format allows transparency.
2. How to Make a Transparent Image in GIMP
- Launch GIMP on your PC and open the image in GIMP.
Select either Magic Wand or Fuzzy selection tool as they are easy to work with for even beginners. Click on the region you want to make transparent. Use the zoom-in tool to help you see which parts to select. Shift-click to include more portions for transparency.
- In the window showing your image (Layer Window), click Layer > Transparency > Add Alpha Channel. When you get a blanked layer, it confirms that the image can now store transparency data.
- Choose Edit and Clear to make the selected image portions transparent.
- Save the new image in PNG format.
3. How to Make a Transparent Image in Photoshop
- Launch the Photoshop program and open the file manager to locate the target image. You may also drag and drop the target image on the work panel.
Move the cursor to the image Layer. Right-click and choose ' Layer from Background'.
- Check the left panel and choose the Magic Wand selection tool.
- Use the magic wand to select portions of the image you want to make transparent.
- Press the Delete key on the keyboard. Check the image to see if transparency has been effected on the image. In case there are other portions you want to include, you can repeat the previous steps.
- Click ' File-Save for Web and Devices', choose the new image, and click 'Save' to export the new image.
4. How to Make a Transparent Image in SAI
- Use this method to test if your SAI version supports transparency.
- First, hide all the background layers in the image.
- Apply black as the new background and see if the black color fills holes or black spaces in the image. If it does, your SAI version supports transparency.
- Remember to remove the black background before you proceed to the next step.
- Click File > Export as and choose the .PNG format. Rename the image as desired. SAI versions that support transparency will pop up two PNG saving options. Choose 32bpp ARGB which gives each pixel opacity.
5. How to Make a Transparent Image in Pixlr
- Visit http://apps.pixlr.com/editor/ on your browser.
- Pick up the magic wand tool from the sidebar on the page. Press the Shift key and move the magic wand tool to highlight portions of the image that you want to make transparent.
- Scroll to the top menu. Click Edit > Invert Selection. This makes the highlighted image portions transparent.
- Click Edit > Copy to make a new copy of the original image you want to make transparent.
- Click File > New Image. Check both boxes below the new dialog box. Rename the image and set the image size.
- Complete the process by saving the file in PNG image format so the image can retain transparency.
6. Which One is The Best Way?
7. How to Remove a Watermark From An Image: Use HitPaw Watermark Remover
Download and install the HitPaw Watermark Remover.
- Register an account with HitPaw. Enter your details, email license, and password.
- Launch the program and select "Remove Image Watermark".
- Open the folder icon to locate the target image or simply drag and drop the image on the work panel.
Select any of the highlighting tools to select the watermark portion.
- Click Save to export and download the image on your PC folder.