[Tutorial] How to Trim a MP3 File in Windows Media Player
If you are wondering how to edit MP3 files on Windows 10 for free then you have come to the right platform. MP3 is the most popular audio format and most users tend to save the files in MP3 format by default. For music lovers, trimming audio files is a daily task.
Read this article till the end to find out how to use Windows Media Player to edit audio as well as better alternatives to trim an MP3 file by using HitPaw Video Converter and online audio cutter. Let’s cut to the chase.
Part 1. How to Trim an MP3 File in Windows Media Player
Read on to find out how to trim and edit an MP3 file in WMP.
1. How to Trim MP3 in Windows Media Player
Unfortunately, Windows Media player doesn’t allow users to trim an MP3 file directly. You have to download a SolveigMM WMP Trimmer Plugin to get the job done. Here’s how you use this plug-in to trim MP3 videos.
- Download and install SolveigMM WMP Trimmer Plugin on your computer.
Run Windows Media Player and navigate to Tools > Plug-ins > SolveigMM WMP Trimmer Plugin to enable it.
Now, play the audio file and hit on the Edit files option and move the orange slider front or back to choose the start and end positions of trimming. Repeat the same procedure for the second clip.
- Finally, choose the “In” option in the popup dialog box and hit on Save to download the output file on your computer.
2. How to Edit MP3 Files in Windows Media Player
To edit an MP3 file in Windows Media Player:
- Launch WMP and open the MP3 file you want to edit.
Now, hit on Music in the left tab to view the file. Right-click it and choose the Edit option.
Here, you can edit the MP3 file’s title and artist name. Hit on Ok to save the changes.
Hopefully, you know now how to edit MP3 on Windows. And if you are looking for a better Editor to trim MP3 files, HitPaw Video Converter is your best choice.
Part 2. How to Trim MP3 Files in Batch and Lossless
HitPaw Video Converter is professional video and audio converter and editor. It supports converting video/audio files to and from any format at incredible speed. What is more, this desktop program can deal with up to 5,000 files at a time in a cup of coffee time.
The Outstanding MP3 Editor Features in HitPaw Video Converter
- Convert other video and audio files to MP3 format, and vice versa.
- Download MP3 from YouTube, bilibili, Instagram, Facebook, etc. directly for editing.
- Download music from Spotify, Tidal, Deezer, Apple Music and convert to MP3 format for editing.
- Built-in audio editor supports cutting MP3 files into clips with accurate timeline.
- Users can preview each clip after cutting MP3 files, and merge them into a new file.
- 120X faster conversion speed.
The Steps to Trim MP3 Files in HitPaw Video Converter
1.Install HitPaw Video Converter free to a Windows or Mac computer. Switch to the Edit tab.
2.Choose Cut feature and import your MP3 files. Drag the playhead to the time point that you’d like to cut and click the scissor icon to split the audio. You can repeat the process to cut more clips. Click the play/pause button to preview the clip you've cut.
3.After clipping the MP3 file, you can merge all new clips into one by ticking the option "Merge into one file". Click Confirm to save the new clips.
Before export, you can select an output format, change the playback speed and volume for the audio files. Finally, click Export button to export a specific file or Export All to batch export all files.
Part 3. How to Edit MP3 File Online for Free
Now that you know how to trim audio files in HitPaw Video Converter, it’s clear that it provides complete editing options. But what if you want to edit just one MP3 file quickly, you can try an online audio editor.
If you’re looking for the best online MP3 editor, then HitPaw Online Audio Cutter is your perfect choice. It comes pre-loaded with all the stunning features you need to cut an audio file with just a few clicks.
What makes HitPaw Online Audio Cutter our favorite pick is its intuitive and simple interface, blazing-fast speed, and ability to edit large MP3 files without any hassles. No wonder, both beginners and newbies love to use this tool for online audio editing.
Key Features of HitPaw Online Audio Cutter
- Convert an audio file into MP3, WMA, AAC, FLAC, and many other formats
- Adjust audio volume
- Merge multiple audios into one after cutting
- Change speed of any audio file
- Add your favorite music to an audio clip
- Cut/trim audio file
- Free to use
How to Trim MP3 Files
Navigate to HitPaw Online Audio Cutter on any browser.
Now, hit on Get Started and drag and drop the audio file you want to trim.
When the file is loaded, set the starting and ending points either by dragging the endpoints or entering the time manually in the appropriate boxes. Here. You can also adjust its speed, volume, and fade it in or out.
Click on Export when you’re done. The program will apply the changes. Click on Download Audio to save it on your computer.
- Trim and save the recording. Just press the stop button, HitPaw will automatically saves your files, and you can edit the video. Then save it in your folder.
This article presented the steps to edit an MP3 file in windows media player. You have to download and install SolveigMM WMP Trimmer Plugin in order to trim MP3 audio in WMP. If you think the steps are a bit complicated or difficult to use, you can choose both online audio cutter and desktop HitPaw Video Converter to trim MP3 files directly and easily.