What's YouTube Watermark Size and How to Add It to Videos
What’s the YouTube Branding Watermark Size?
- 150 x 150
- 100 x 100
How to Make a YouTube Watermark
- Create a document in a graphic editor, and save it as a PNG file.
- Make the document into a recommended YouTube watermark size (that is, 150 x 150 or 100 x 100).
- Design a logo or text. You can also import one from an existing library that you have. Center the text or logo on the document’s canvas.
- Export the document as a PNG. Please go into the file, and select the export option, making sure that the format is in PNG (it ensures that the image is transparent). Finally, export the file.
How to Add Watermark to YouTube Videos
Way 1: The Official Method
- When in YouTube Studio, find your way into the Settings. You should see it on the menu, which is on the left side of the screen.
- Select Channel, and then branding after that.
Tap on the Choose Image option. Afterward, you have to pick which of the image you want to use for the watermark.
- You would choose the display time for the watermark you picked. There are three options to it; The End of Video, Entire Video, and Custom Start Time options.
- The End of Video display time means that the watermark would only appear within the last 15 seconds of the video.
- The End of Video option makes the watermark show for the entire video, while the Custom Start Time lets you decide what time of the video you want the watermark to show.
- After picking out the duration time, you can save changes to put them in effect.
Way 2: Use a Video Editor
- Soapbox by Wistia
- Clipchamp Create
- Adobe Premiere Clip
- Wave.video by Animatron
- Open the APowerEdit Video Editing application.
- Import a pre-existing video from your system or start recording a new one. Click on the “Import” button to pick a saved video. You can also click on the “Record” button to start filming a video with the connected webcam of your computer.
Drag the video unto the video section of the application’s page, and you drag the watermark to the PiP (Picture in Picture) part. The PiP section is around the bottom area of the window.
- Drag the watermark, and make it as long as the duration of the video.
- You can adjust the watermark by specifying the position, size, and motion. You can also add mask and effect.
- When you are through with the settings change, you can save it by selecting the “Create” button. It keeps the video and watermark formats that you have chosen.
How to Change the Watermark Size on YouTube
- Open the Graphic Editor, and load up the watermark file. Find your way to the Edit option within the menu.
- Choose the Resize tool from the Edit menu. Uncheck the box which says Lock Aspect Ratio, otherwise, ensure that the file is not unto one automatic size.
- You can proceed to type out the size that you desire into the Height and Width boxes. You could type 100 or 150 into the height box, and the same thing in the width box. Note that you are better off using the equal value for height and width, to make the watermark square.
- Enter the values, and confirm the change by clicking the confirmation tick mark you can find within the window.
FAQs about YouTube Watermark
Should I watermark my YouTube Videos?
Yes. Watermarks on YouTube videos are a way of attracting awareness to your brand. It is also a way of getting people to subscribe to the channel more quickly. You could be saving yourself from content infringements if you have a watermark on your YouTube videos as well.
What is the benefit of using a branding watermark?
One of the benefits is the ability to have people subscribe to the brand more easily. YouTube Watermarks often show the viewer the option to subscribe to the channel, if they hover or click on it. Another benefit is that it shows the originality of the brand, thereby improving the viewer’s perception of the content they get from you.