SWF File Guide: What is It? How to Use and the Best SWF File Player
What is A SWF File?
How to Open A SWF File On Windows With, i.e. Browser
Steps to Open SWF File:
Open Internet Explorer and click on the Tools icon from the upper right corner of IE.
- Click on the Manage add-ons icon from the pop-up menu that appears on the screen.
A dialogue box will appear on your screen. Choose Toolbars and Extension option.
- Now move up and down in the list of Add-ons to look for “Shockwave Flash Object.”
- Check the status of the Shockwave Flash Object, whether it is enabled or disabled. In case it is disabled click on the Shockwave Flash Object row to highlight it.
Now go to the lower right corner of the Manage Add-ons and click on Enable option then close the dialogue box.
- Now you can open SWF files in IE.
How to Open SWF files on Google Chrome
To open SWF file in Chrome its steps include:
- Firstly, right-click on the SWF file and choose the option Open with.
- In the next step, select Chrome forms the menu.
- Open Chrome and then enter Chrome://settings/content in the address bar. You will land to the Chrome's content setting page.
Then click on the Flash to enable it and turn on ‘Ask First.’
Enable Ask First option by toggling it. You need to toggle Ask First button for Flash Player to play SWF in Chrome.
- Once the player is installed, click on the SWF file.
- Now, whenever you visit a page with Flash content click to enable Adobe Flash Player and tick allow button.
- Then choose Properties > Open With > Change and select Chrome to open the file.
How to Play A SWF File Outside Browsers
- Start by downloading Adobe Flash Player Project Content Debugger. It is available for OS, Windows, Mac and Linux.
- For Windows, you will get an EXE file that does not require installation. All you have to do is to run Flash EXE for Windows.
- It will allow you to have a simple Adobe Flash Player Window. Click on File > Open or drag and drop option in the Windows to open SWF file. Navigate the file in your local system.
- Flash object will appear too small due to which you need to resize your Window. Thus, it will be easy to watch and interact with SWF files.
- Use menu bar or right-click on the Flash Object to make adjustments.
The Most Recommended Three SWF File Player
A. VLC Player
- It can easily convert .SWF files into other video and audio formats for other devices.
- Using VLC player, you can easily stream files over the internet as well as between different devices.
- It can allow modifying sound setting to get the favourite audio and video files.
B. SWF File Player
- It comes with the easy interface having only two options that are File and Help.
- SWF player is one of the lightest weight video players with less than 1 MB in total size.
- It comes with basic features like to stop, rewind, and pause, forward, play and loop SWF files.
- With its simple scroll bar feature, you can go to any frame to play the videos.
- Due to its ease and simplicity to use, it is perfect all skill levels.
- Comes with more than 1500 filters and effects.
- Offers a 30 days free trial.
FAQs about SWF file
Q1. What is an SWF file used for?
SWF files come with animation and applets for various degrees of interactivity and function. Moreover, it can also occur in commonly browser games using ActionScripts.
Q2. Can SWF files be converted?
Yes, you can easily convert SWF file into other formats like MP4. All you have to do is to follow simple and easy steps. Similarly, you can also convert any interactive file into SWF format.
Q3. What program can play .SWF file?
There are numerous programs like VLC player or Adobe Flash Player Windows that can play SWF file. You can choose any program that you found feasible and easy to run SWF files.