How to Add Subtitles in iMovie on Mac/iPhone/iPad
Part 1: Can You Add Subtitles in iMovie?
Part 2: How to Add Subtitles in iMovie 10 on Mac?
- 1. Launch the iMovie app on your device and open your iMovie project. Click on “files” and then select “New Project”. Now the drag the clip down to the timeline
- 2. Click on “title” menu item in the browser at the top
- 3. All the titles available in this version will appear on the screen. Choose the desired style that best serves as the subtitle for your film. To see the preview drag the title to the timeline and move the cursor around the clip to see how it looks. You can place it at the beginning of the video, at the top of the video, at the bottom of the video, at the center of the video, and at the end of the video. You also split the video and put the titles and subtitles in between the footage.
- 4. To change the background of the titles click on “background” at the top of the page and choose the color of your choice.
- 5. Now highlight the text and write your own text.
- 6. Once you highlight the text, a number of style options will appear above the viewer. You can make the text bold, apply italics, and outline it. Also, you can change the font style, size, and color too.
- 7. To adjust the duration of subtitles, drag one of the edges to increase or decrease the duration. You can also click on the small “i” icon above the viewer and enter the number of seconds for which you want the subtitles to last.
- 8. Now if you are satisfied you can export the file and save it on your device. Click on File > Share > File, or you can also click on any application you would want to share your work on.
Part 3: How to Add Subtitles in iMovie iPad/iPhone?
- 1. Open up the app and tap on the “+” icon to create a new project
- 2. Now click on “Media Library” and select the video you want to edit in the timeline.
- 3. Once you have selected the video tap on the “T” icon. A variety of text styles will appear on the screen, each with a different font style and size along with unique animation associated with it. Tap on each design to see the preview and then select the most appropriate one.
- 4. Now write text and place it where you want it to be displayed in the video.
- 5. Once you are done, play the video to see if the subtitles are in sync with the video.
- 6. If you are satisfied then tap on done and upload it on any social media channel.
Part 4: The Easiest Way to Add Subtitles to Videos on Windows and Mac
- Step 1. Install the program and open it once downloaded.
- Step 2.Tap on “Import” > “Import Files” and choose the video you want to work on.
- Step 3. Now drag and drop the file to the timeline
- Step 4. Click on the “Text” tab and select the desired template for your video. Now drag and drop it to the timeline and double click on the “T” icon to open up the editing panel. Here you can choose to change font size, style, color, and text alignment.
- Step 5.Once done, click on “Export” to save your work in the device.