How to Upload a Video to Twitch?
Part 1. What is a Twitch Video?
Part 2. How to Create a Video Before Uploading to Twitch?
- Step 1: Download the ApowerEdit file from the official website, and install it on your computer.
- Step 2: Launch the program, and you will see the home screen with a user-friendly interface.
- Step 3: Click Media > Record, and you will see the options to make your video. You can choose to Record PC screen, Record phone screen, and Record camera.
- Step 4: After finishing recording, you can also import other media files to make your video better. You can just drag and drop the images, audio files, and videos to the Media bin.
- Step 5: Then drag and drop your images and videos to the video timeline, and audio files to the audio timeline.
- Step 6: Now you can edit your video to whatever you like. It’s very intuitive to use. If you want to edit audio - change audio speed and sound or adding sound effects, click the Audio tab on the left. If you want to add text, overlays, Transitions, Filters, and other elements to your video, you can also find the features on the left menu.
- Step 7: After finishing editing, click the Export button to export your video. You can choose to upload your video to YouTube, Facebook, Twitter, or save it on your computer.
Part 3. A Step to Step Guide: How to Upload Video to Twitch?
- MP4, MOV, AVI, and FLV file formats
- AAC audio
- h264 codec
- Up to 10Mbps bitrate
- Up to 1080p/60FPS
- Step 1: Click the Twitch official website and open it in your browser. This makes sure that you can upload video to Twitch from PC or Mac.
- Step 2: If you have an account, log into your Twitch account. Or you can click Sign up to create a new account.
- Step 3: Once logged in, click your profile icon on the upper right corner, and click Video producer.
- Step 4: Click Upload on the screen, or you can drag and drop the video pre-record to the webpage.
- Step 5: Navigate to the path where your video is stored, and choose your video to upload.
- Step 6: Once uploaded, you will need to enter Title and Description, then choose Language and Category for your video. Then click Save changes.
- Step 7: Click the drop-down menu next to Schedule Premiere, and choose Publish without Premiere.
- Step 8: Click the Publish button. You are good to go.
You May Also Want to Know:
1. Can you upload video to twitch?
You can upload video to Twitch if you become a Twitch Partner or Twitch Affiliate.
Twitch Partner Criteria:
- Streamed for 25 hours
- Streamed on 12 different days
- Average of 75 viewers (concurrent viewership excluding hosts, raids, and embeds)
Twitch Affiliate Criteria:
- 50 followers and more
- Streamed for 8 hours
- Streamed on 7 different days
- Average of 3 viewers (concurrent viewership including hosts and raids)
2. How do I watch twitch videos?
To watch Twitch videos, the most straightforward way is to watch it in your browser. Just visit https://www.twitch.tv/ and you can watch videos you like. Another way to watch Twitch video is to do it in Twitch application. By doing so, you will need to download and install the app in your device (Android or iOS mobile, say).
3. How long do videos stay on twitch?
Well, it depends. If you are a regular broadcaster, the videos will be saved for 14 days on Twitch; if you are a Twitch Partner, Twitch Prime user, or Twitch Turbo user, the videos will be saved for 60 days.