6 Best PDF Text-to-Speech Readers in 2023
Using text-to-speech PDF tools can convert PDF documents into audio. This technology can benefit individuals with difficulty in reading, course creators, digital marketers, and other users. This way, users can listen to texts while multitasking at home, in the office, or even while traveling and save time spent on reading. Here’s a look at some top PDF text-to-speech tools.
Part 1: 6 Best Convenient PDF Text-to-Speech Tools In 2023
We will look at some of this year's best PDF text-to-speech readers. Here, we will explore the features, benefits, and shortcomings involved in using each of these text-to-speech tools.
Speechify is a text-to-speech reader that converts written PDF files, texts, or emails to audio. Speechify has both free and premium subscriptions. This makes the tool easily accessible to both students and working professionals.
- With Speechify software, it is possible to read 9 times faster than the average reading speed.
- You can upload your document from any external link and convert it to audio.
- With the use of human-like voices, Speechify users can understand more.
- Conversion of text to audio in different languages is only available to premium users.
2. Natural Reader
Natural Reader is a text-to-audio tool that converts PDFs and other documents for personal, educational, and commercial use. This tool has an AI smart filter that skips figures, footers, headers, and tables to enable efficiency.
- Natural Reader gives users the freedom to add emotions and effects to their audio.
- It is possible to add and manage members to share documents.
- Dyslexia font is available for dyslexic people.
- MP3 conversions are only limited to users with paid subscriptions.
- Converting text to audio in different languages is only available to premium and plus subscribers.
Narakeet is a natural-sounding software tool used to convert text to audio. This text-to-speech tool can convert PDF documents to audio in over 600 voices and up to 90 languages.
- The Narakeet tool can guess the intent of a document from its context and adjust the pronunciation.
- This tool gives its users an option to adjust the reading speed of their documents.
- Narakeet has a text-to-speech estimator that helps its users predict the duration of the PDF document.
- The pricing of this tool is per the audio duration, making it more expensive than the other software tools.
4. TTS Reader
TTS Reader is a tool that generates MP3 voiceovers and speech from PDF files, emails, and webpages. Users can easily use this tool by simply copy-pasting the text URL and playing.
- This tool is straightforward, does not need any installation, and users are not required to sign in to use it.
- Users can use this tool offline.
- TTS Reader can convert PDF texts into audio in multiple languages.
- There are advertisements while using the TTS Reader free version.
- Only premium users can get access to more natural voices.
5. Voice Dream Reader
Voice Dream Reader is an AI text-to-speech reader only available to users with iOS and macOS. This tool is used to convert PDFs, texts, and emails to audio. It is considered the best text-to-speech PDF reader for iPhone users because of its flexibility.
- Voice Dream Reader regularly improves this tool to ensure users get quality audio results.
- This tool has a specialized font for individuals with special needs.
- Voice Dream Reader can be used anywhere with or without an internet connection.
- Voice Dream Reader is only limited to iOS and macOS users.
6. Adobe Acrobat Reader
Adobe Acrobat Reader is a tool that you can use to convert only PDF documents to audio. As a text-to-speech PDF reader, it allows users to increase accessibility by tagging lists, headings, and tables.
- The accessibility of the tool makes it easy to use while multitasking.
- Adobe Acrobat Reader has a free version for its users.
- The Adobe Acrobat Reader is straightforward to navigate.
- Adobe Acrobat Reader is not supported on mobile devices.
- Adobe Acrobat Reader does not support foreign languages.
Part 2: FAQs About PDF Text-to-Speech
Q1. Can I convert a PDF to an audiobook?
A1. Yes, you can convert your PDF into an audiobook using the text-to-speech tools outlined above. As a user using these text-to-speech tools, you will have a better understanding because of the human-sounding voices.
Q2. How do I get a PDF to read to me?
A2. You can use text-to-speech conversion tools like the free Adobe Acrobat Reader to read it loud to you. Simply, what you need to do is to navigate this tool to your PDF document.
Q3. How do I get my iPhone to read a PDF out loud?
A3. Voice Dream is considered the best text-to-speech app for iPhone and macOS users. This tool converts text-to-speech in natural-sounding voices and different languages. The availability of this tool offline while traveling or at home makes it more accessible.
If you want to have your PDF read out loud, consider using one of the above 6 text-to-speech tools that are already outlined above for you. Converting your text-to-speech will enhance your understanding. Also, being able to adjust the reading speed with most of these tools can help you to save much time.