How to Communicate with Cats in 5 Ways
Cats can not talk, they can only meow or use body language. Many cats can understand a few human languages, cause their owners spend a long time communicating with them. Before your furry friends can understand you, you should know how to interact with your cats.
Part1: How to Interact with Cats
When getting along with your cat, please always remember that it is an independent animal, not your toy. Even though cats need you to look after, they have strong needs for independence and private space, so do not force them to interact with you. Don't punish kitties violently.
Cats hate water. If your cat does something wrong or has some bad behaviors, you can spray it with a water bottle.
Many cat's behaviors are in common, while there are considerable differences. Take the time to understand what your cat likes and dislikes. Understanding and respecting your cat's unique personality will make him love you even more.
Part2: How to Talk to Cats with Your Eyes
In cat's society, looking/staring into other's eyes is a signal of fight. When you stare directly at your cat, he may think he has made a mistake and run away from you. Also don't put your face close to the cat's face, he will think he is going to be eaten.
- Cat blinks slowly: showing love and ease
- Cat Squint: dozing off and wants to sleep
- Cat winks: a bit like a human kiss, an expression of love
- Blinking he makes a mistake: he has realized its mistake and is showing kindness to you. This is a sign of flattery
How to say I love you by eye contact with your cats
Your facial expression should also be relaxed during the test, and you should be very natural and generous, blinking slowly at the cat with a smile. This is the cat's way to show love and kindness.
Part3: How to communicate with cats through body language
Approach to Your Cat
In this case, we are talking about how to use your body language to make your cats understand you instead of analyze your cats body language.(related article: cats' body language meanings)
Cats are very vigilant animals, if you move too much or make too much noise, you might scare them. If you want to pet a cat you never seen before, you can stretch out hand and close to him slowly to let him smell and get familiar with your scent first. If he doesn't resist your approach, try petting his head.
Hot to interact with cats
- Play with your cat: Spent 20 minutes play with your cat every day, you'd better use a wand toy to interact with her or experiment with different toys to see what your cat responds to best.
- Providing a stimulating environment: Set up scratching posts, climbing trees, and hiding spots to encourage their natural instincts.
- Create an engaging environment: Cats love to explore and have places to hide, jump, and climb. Provide them with scratching posts, tunnels, and perches to create an enriched environment where they can play and exercise.
- Encourage chasing and pouncing: Cats love to chase and pounce on moving objects. Move toys in a way that mimics prey, such as darting them across the floor or making them hide behind furniture.
Tip: do not use your hand as a cat toy, kitty might hurt you.
Listening to your cats is an important way to understand these cute creatures.
Part4: How to communicate with a blind and deaf cat
It is not easy to communicate with a normal cat, not to mention communicating with a blind and deaf cat. It would take you much more patience and attention.
Cats' sense of smell
Although vision and hearing are important to them, cats' sense of smell is highly developed, a blind and deaf cat can use smelling senses to navigate the surroundings. After finding a breakthrough, now you are clear on how to take care of him.
Divide a small space
First, you should enclose an area where arranged his food bowl, water bowl, and litter box within a playpen to allow it to get used to its environment. (do not change its placement) Limit access to stairs to prevent your cat from falling.
Don't move furniture
Your cat will rely on her memory to navigate your home, so don't rearrange the furniture or place items around that she might come across, such as shoes or a pile of clothes. This might just confuse her. Let him use his memory to find his way. Cats are very sensitive to vibrations, you can communicate with a blind and deaf cat by banging on furniture or floors. To provide him with a safe, loving environment that would make his final years meaningful.
Part5: How to Communicate with Your Cats with Meow Sound Audio
Listening to your cats is another important way to understand these cute creatures. You can display some cat sound audio to interest your cats.
Or you can download HitPaw Voice Changer, which contains many fantasy soundboards that you can use to interest your cats or add audio effects to your videos. Besides, HitPaw Voice Changer provides dozens of soundboard including animals sound where you can play meow, frog croaking, birds singing, mouse squeaks and monkey barks to attract your cats. You can use soundboard to play intro music, sound effects, jingles during your shows/live, adding production value and enhancing the listener's experience.
HitPaw Voice Changer Features
- AI voice changer makes voice chat more fun
- Dozens of voice changing effects, suitable for any live environment
- Make voice changing in real-time
- Provides dozens soundboard add more interesting effects
- Changing video voices helps you create an unique videos
- AI music can blend different songs together to create unique compositions
You can use HitPaw Soundboard in only 4 steps
Step 1: Download HitPaw Voice Changer
If you want to apply soundboard effect on other software, please follow the user guide. You can add cat sound effect on Discord.
Step 2: Choose Sound Effects
Click on the "Soundboard" option on the left and choose your preferred sound effects.
Step 3: Adjust Settings
View the below area of software, you can enable "Hear Myself" and "Voice Changer" to preview the sound and you can also activate "Noise Reduction" to minimize background noise.
Step 4: Adjust Sound Settings
You can adjust the volume of the sound effects on the right side according to your needs.
To sum up, you can communicate with your cat by body language like petting their back, eyes contact, playing wand toys and attract them with cat sound audio. If you have a poor blind cat, you can take care of him by refer to point 4 above as a guide.
As for attracting your cats by sound audio, you can download HitPaw Voice Changer which contains dozens of sound effect and talk to your cat. Let's find your cat's favorite sound!