How to Reverse Video Search on Google or Using Third-Party Tools
Part 1: What is a Reverse Video Search?
Part 2: Why is Reverse Video Search Important?
- The feature helps you in browsing for copyright content and protect you from scams and frauds.
- It enables you to identify any object or image within your video.
- It discovers and identifies any location to complete a certain video clip.
- The tool is impressive in finding the online source of an image or video.
- It allows you to check the authenticity of an unidentified image or video uploaded on the social media platform.
Part 3: How to Reverse Video Search on Google?
How to Reverse Video Search Google on PC/Mac
- Save some screenshots of the video that you want to search on the Google search engine.
- Go to Google images homepage at the right corner of the page.
Click on the “camera icon” in Google images.
- Choose an image from the file storage.
- Drag the image in the window.
Even if you have the URL link of the images you can copy-paste it in the windows to start your search.
- To further, boost the results you can also add keywords in your search.
Google will show you precise YouTube results for your search.
How to reverse video search Google on phones
- Open Google in the Chrome Browser.
- From the taskbar select the three doted option.
Select the “Request desktop site” from the menu that will make the camera icon to appear in the search bar.
- Now you can either upload the image from your camera roll or copy-paste the URL of the desired image.
Part 4: How to Reverse Search Video with Third-party Tools?
- It searches over 800 images to give you the exact as well as similar images and videos.
- With Berify you can import or upload images directly from the social media accounts, Flickr and Dropbox without the need to download it first.
- As compared to other search tools, Berify uses thumbnails to assist a user in finding a stolen video.
- Berify saves you from the everyday hassle of searching and protecting your work from being copied as it does a manual search on a daily basis and emails you in case your content is being stolen.
How to do a reverse video search using Berify
Go to Berify.com
- Upload images into the search bar. Berify free version allows you to add 5 pictures in the search option.
- Berify will run the images through the database and will then display the exact or similar images for you.
Customize your search by adding frequency and tags.
- It is easy to use.
- Allows you to track down copyrighted content and gives an extension of Firefox, Chrome and Safari.
- Even a modified image can be traced using TinEye.
- With the free version of this research tool, you can keep a tab on your earlier searches.
- The free version permits you to search 150 images in a week.
- The colour engine technology lets you search for a specific colour scheme and provides you with more than 20 million creative images from Flickr.
- It has a limited upload size of 20MB..
- You can’t search with the help of keywords.
- It is unable to identify any object or person within an image.
- The price for extending the search limit starts at $200 per year.
How to reverse video search using TinEye
- Take screenshots of the video you want to search.
Open website TinEye.com.
- Upload the image or copy-paste the URL of the image in the search bar.
- TinEye will display results for your search.
- Filtering out videos from the searched result is really easy.
- It utilizes neural networks and machine learning to make searching for a video more efficient and productive.
- You can choose from the tags to have an in-depth search.
- The cost of subscription charges per month is £139.
How to reverse video search using Shutterstock
Go to the main page of Shutterstock.
- Tap the camera icon in the search bar.
- Upload your image or copy the URL of the image in the search bar.
- The related image will be shown.
People Also Ask
Is there a reverse video search engine?
Google has not developed this kind of technique. But it does allow you to search using keywords and screenshots from a video.
How to do reverse video search?
You can freely reverse search a video with the help of Google or another third-party tool available for reverse searching a video.
- Simply take a few screenshots of the video,
- Upload those images in the search bar by clicking on the camera icon,
- Lastly, press “Enter” and the result will start piling up for you.
How do I find the source of video on Google?
Through keyword search method:
- Enter the keywords in the search bar
- Open the “Video” option available on the Google web page.
- Search through the various options listed down in the results.
Through reverse video search method:
- Take a few screenshots of the video,
- Click on the camera icon situated on the search bar and upload the screenshots you took of the video.
- Press “Enter” and the result will start accumulating for you.