What is the Best MP4 Player
Part 1. Best Free MP4 Player
1. VLC Media Player - Best MP4 Video Player
- It is an open source video player that allows you to customize your program and settings.
- It supports plenty of audio and video formats.
- It takes up little space while installing, which is very lightweight to use.
- It is available on most common operating systems.
- It features basic video editing features.
- The user interface looks old-stylish.
- It becomes lagging interacting with the video editing features.
- You can not speed up playing videos in 2.0x or 3.0x or so.
- PotPlayer is free to use
- PotPlayer allows you to watch your videos with any types of 3D glasses
- It supports various video formats, MP4 included
- It has lots of subtitle formats, so you can choose whatever subtitles you feel the most comfortable with
- It supports video files from local disks, FTP servers, URLs, DVDs, and Blurays
- It is only available for Windows users
- It eats up high processor usage
- The menu bar isn’t working sometimes
- A number of quantity of settings makes it a pain and confusing
3. GOM Player
- GOM player is a free video player supporting AVI, MP4, MKV, FLV, WMV, MOV, DVD and Audio CD.
- 360 VR playback allows you to enjoy a great experience for 360-degree videos.
- GOM Player is super easy to use as it has an intuitive UI.
- You can play broken files with GOM Player and it will find missing codecs for your videos.
- It is free.
- The installation file contains unwanted programs.
- GOM Plus is a paid software that comes with ads-free version and better performance.
- It covers lots of features in one software, so it saves your time and patience to install other programs to use these features.
- 5KPlayer can download videos online with its URL, and convert online video soundtrack to MP3.
- It provides with many playback options.
- It is available on Windows and macOS
- It can stream video via AirPlay and DLNA flawlessly.
- Many people find it difficult to uninstall the program.
- The software is sluggish to run and click the buttons.
- 5KPlayer can cause PC freezing sometimes.
- It is a free software
- KMPlayer allows you to add external codecs to the program, so it can decode various video formats
- You can choose a filter from a variety of filter templates when playing videos.
- You can download videos from Facebook, Twitter, and YouTube with KMPLayer.
- The program is not that friendly to beginners as it contains lots of features that are difficult to figure out
- There is no English manual, so it would be hard to start using the program.
Part 2. Bonus Tips: A Video Recorder You May Need When Playing Videos
- Download ApowerEdit in your computer, install, and launch it.
Click the Media tab from the left, where you will see a Record button.
Click Record, and you will see three options: Record PC screen, Record phone screen, and Record camera.
- Since you are recording video that is playing, you should choose Record PC screen.
- Then it will download the ApowerEdit screen recorder for you. And follow the on-screen instructions to start recording.
- Then start playing the video you would like to record, and the program will record it for you
- Once finished, click Stop button to stop recording.
People Also Ask
Which mp4 player is best
There are lots of MP4 players out there. If you want to know the best MP4 players and understand further of each one, this article will tell you the 5 best MP4 players and how to choose between them: VLC Media Player, PotPlayer, GOM Player, 5KPlayer, and KMPlayer.
What player can play mp4?
Basically, almost all the the media players can play MP4, as MP4 is the most common video format. So, video players like VLC Media Player, PotPlayer, GOM Player, 5KPlayer, and KMPlayer will definitely play MP4.
What is the best mp4 player for Windows 10?
There is a media player that is built-in Windows operating system: Windows Media Player, and this can be taken as one of the best MP4 players for Windows 10. if you want to try another software, then VLC Media Player, PotPlayer, GOM Player, 5KPlayer, and KMPlayer will be a good choice.