How Do I Convert M4A to WAV Windows10/Mac/Online
Part 1. How to Convert MA4 to WAV Windows 10
- Step 1: Download and install the software in your Windows 10 computer. And then launch it
- Step 2: To import your M4A audio file, drag and drop your MA4 file to HitPaw Video Converter.
- Step 3: Click the "Setting" button and choose "MAV" as the output format.
- Step 4: Select the destination to save your converted MAV file, then, click the "Convert" button to convert M4A to MAV. Then, you can find your MAV file at the converter part or your computer.
Part 2. How to Convert M4A to WAV Mac
- Step 1: Open iTunes in your Mac, and click iTunes > Preference.
- Step 2: Click General (or Files for different macOS version). And click Import Settings.
- Step 3: Check the box for Import Using, and select WAV Encoder, and click OK to save your settings.
- Step 4: Go to the Music Library or the folder where your M4A files are stored.
- Step 5: Right-click on the M4A file you want to convert and choose File > Convert > Convert to WAV Version.
Part 3. How to Convert M4A to WAV Online (3 Free Tools)
1. Online-audio-converter: Convert M4A file to WAV
- It is an all-in-one tool containing lots of editing features for video and audio.
- It is free and safe.
- It supports over 300 different file formats, which means that you can convert your files to any formats that are technically feasible.
- It supports batch conversion, so you can convert a bunch of files once a time.
- It uploads files slowly, especially for files with large file sizes.
- Sometimes the process progress may be stuck at some point.
2. Convertio: Convert .M4A to .WAV
- It addresses the conversion very fast, so you don’t have to wait forever.
- Over 300 file formats are supported by Convertio.
- You are allowed to configure the conversion settings, such as quality, formats, ratio, codec, etc.
- No need to worry about the privacy issue as it commits to protect user privacy.
- It has a Chrome extension available.
- You need to sign up for an account if there are over 100 MB file size.
- You will need to buy the service for a large file size.
- The free version has limited conversion minutes per day and conversion time per file.
3. Cloudconvert: How to Convert .M4A to .WAV
- It allows API for developers, which means custom integrations with your software are available.
- It has a clear and precise user interface on the website.
- Cloudconvert values data security, so you don’t have to worry about your files being accessed by unknowns.
- Cloudconvert always helps you convert video and audio files with high quality.
- It supports 200 file formats, relatively weaker than others.
- 2. You are free up to 25 conversions each day
People Also Ask
Which is better WAV or m4a?
WAV has the highest audio quality and also consumes large space for storing, while M4A takes smaller space but it generates lose audio files. So if you want the lossless audio quality, you should choose WAV; but if you want to save your device space, M4A is your best choice.
How do I convert m4a to WAV in Windows Media Player?
Windows Media Player is a powerful tool for watching media and converting. To convert M4A to WAV in Windows Media Player:
- Launch Windows Media Player.
- Click File > Open, and select the M4A file.
- Click File > Save As.
- Change the file extension to WAV in the Save As dialog.
What is m4a audio format?
M4A stands for MPEG 4 Audio. It is an audio file encoded with advanced audio coding, and it carries a lossy audio compression. It used to be designed as a great successor to MP3 - another popular audio format. M4A usually takes a smaller space to be stored.