iOS 14 Picture in Picture Video – A Complete Guide for Beginners to Follow
1. What is the Picture in the Picture iOS 14
Apps that Support Picture in Picture
- PBS Video
- Pocket: Save. Read. Grow.
- Shazam: Music Discovery
- SHOWTIME: TV, Movies and More
- Showtime Anytime
- Spectrum TV
2. How to Use Picture in Picture in iOS 14
(1) How to Enable Picture in Picture
(2) On App
- To open it on Apple TV, all you have to do is double-tap using your fingers, swipe upward to enable the application. Isn’t it simple?
- In case you want to exit it, you can do it easily by double-tapping the same icon. In this way, you will easily exist on the screen. You can also tap on the X option to exit fast.
- Once you are done with using the PIP function, you can easily control things such as you can tap on the screen to skip the 15 seconds videos.
(3) On Web
- Open the video on the web.
- Now tap the video, and also the icon to open the Picture in Picture feature. You can also use your two fingers to double-tap the video.
- After that, you will see that your video is playing in the PIP mode.
(4) Change Size & Position
- You can use pinch gestures, and it will allow you to select three different sizes, such as small, medium, and large.
- The small video will allow you to open two different app icons; the medium is for three apps, and the last one, which is a large window, is for opening eight different apps.
- You can easily open all the windows on landscape orientation. However, make sure that you are adjusting the things according to your screen requirements.
(5) How to Move Off from Screen
3. What are the Limits of the Picture in Picture in iOS 14
4. How to Play Picture in Picture Videos with YouTube
First, launch the shortcut app on your device. Once it is done, you can click the plus (+) option to create a new shortcut. In this way, you can easily create unlimited shortcuts.
Now click the "Add Action," and you will see different options such as Apps, Favorites, and more. Choose the “Web” option.
You will see another screen saying Run On Web Page. You can select the option "Web Page," and after that, you can choose the "Shortcut Input" option.
Here you have to implement the code. Don’t worry because it is a simple process. All you have to do is remove the old code and paste the code given below.
- let v = document.querySelector('video'); v.addEventListener('webkitpresentationmodechanged', (e)=>e.stopPropagation(), true); setTimeout(()=>v.webkitSetPresentationMode('picture-in-picture'), 3000); completion()
Once you are done with the code, now you can tap the three dots icon. You can see the option at the corner of the screen. It will allow you to add the name to your shortcut. To open the option, click on "Show in Share Sheet" to continue the process.
Now, you have to select the option “Share Sheet Types” to deselect the things you don't like. Now, return to the “Details” screen and click the “Done” option.
- Once you are done, click the “Done” option to complete the process.