What is FilmoraGo and How to Edit Video with FilmoraGo
FilmoraGo is a popular all-in-one video creating and editing tool for both Android and iOS users. It has been a top-ranked mobile editing tool for quite some time now but still, many users face issues while using it.
If you’re planning to use FilmoraGo Pro to edit videos, then this article is meant for you. We will walk you through a comprehensive guide on what is FilmoraGo and how to use this powerful tool for editing videos professionally.
Read the article till the end to learn about a remarkable video editor for desktop that can help you unravel your editing skills.
Part 1: What Is FilmoraGo
Developed by Wondershare, FilmoraGo is a video editor and maker for the mobile audience. Whether you want to edit videos for YouTube or TikTok or any other purpose, FilmoraGo is a great app for applying effects and transitions with ease.
Having 50 million+ installs, this powerful editor allows you to record a clip or import a clip from your phone, and then select a pre-set theme to apply your favorite effects and music. Wondershare Filmora Go offers all the editing features that you expect from a mobile video editor, plus its interface looks modern and user-friendly.
Pros of FilmoraGo:
- Thousands of built-in stickers, filters, and transitions.
- Trim, cut, join, and merge videos.
- Modify video speed.
- Add animated text and titles.
- Adjust video color, contrast, and brightness with high precision.
- Offers picture in picture and allows to add stickers, transition and filters.
- Add and customize watermark.
- Export videos in HD.
Cons of FimoraGo:
- Slows down or often crashes while editing larger videos.
- The free version has a big watermark.
- Quite expensive for the features it offers.
- Many users complain of bugs, lags, and lesser user experience.
- Its interface is complicated for beginners.
- It slows AMD processors.
- Requires to download other software when using on Windows as FilmoraGo for PC can not work with itself.
Part 2: Is FilmoraGo Free
FilmoraGo is available in a free version but users have to buy the premium version or FilmoraGo Pro to access its full features. The free version contains a big watermark that makes your videos look unprofessional.
Part 3: How to Use FilmoraGo Free Video Editor
Using FilmoraGo is a straightforward task and is intended for an audience that wants to edit videos without wasting much time. Here’s how to use this tool to edit videos like a pro:
Launch it on your smartphone and choose a built-in template if you want to.
- Now, import your clips from your smartphone’s gallery. It won’t take long to load the clips.
All the features are clearly visible on the quick tab that you can apply with a single tap. You can trim your clip, or add filters, overlays, elements and subtitle to your video.
If you want to add music to your video, click on the MUSIC to choose the music you want.
- Finally, hit Export to save your work or share it directly on a social media platform.
Part 4: The Best Alternative of FilmoraGo
FilmoraGo is a competent editing software but it’s available for only mobile audiences. Plus, it is a suitable choice for basic-level editing. If you want to go a step further and make your videos even more captivating and appealing, then HitPaw Video Editor is what you need.
It is a one-stop solution to edit, create, and share videos in the simplest and most professional way. Editing videos using HitPaw is a fun-filled process, thanks to its sleek and modern interface. Unlike its competitors, HitPaw boasts simplicity and elegance, tons of stunning transitions and video effects, and a huge collection of basic and advanced video tools to create videos without fuss.
The good news is that HitPaw is available in both desktop and online versions. So, individuals who love to edit videos online will also feel right at home. The developers provide frequent updates to ensure it continues to be the best editing software when it comes to functionality, features, and ease of use.
HitPaw Online Video Editor
HitPaw Online Video Editor allows you to edit videos online for completely free. There are many video tools, audio tools and image tools in it. If you are finding the best online video editor, it must be your first choice.
Features of HitPaw Online Video Editor:
- All basic video editing features including cut, merge, rotate, crop, and resize a video clip.
- Add or remove watermark.
- Convert video to GIF or any other format.
- Add background music and subtitles.
- Change video speed.
- Compress video without losing its quality.
- Built-in screen recorder.
- Create stunning facial expressions.
- Animate old photos.
- Tons of audio editing tools.
How to Edit Videos in HitPaw Online Video Editor:
Here’s how to edit videos using this online tool:
- From your web browser, head to the official HitPaw Online Video Editor.
You’ll see several editing tools; click on “Crop & Rotate” or any other feature you want to use.
On the next interface, hit on “Crop & Rotate Video Now” > “Choose File” and import the video clips. Hit the Crop feature on the left tab.
Now, either select the aspect ratio or adjust the rectangular box manually to resize the clip as needed. Hit Crop to proceed.
The program will take hardly a few seconds to crop your video. Click on Save to download the output video.
HitPaw Video Editor
HitPaw Video Editor is an easy but powerful video editor that allows you edit videos easily on your Windows. Let’s have a look at its features and steps to edit videos.
Features of HitPaw Video Editor:
- Cut, Crop, rotate, zoom, split, and mirror videos.
- A huge library of built-in transitions, stickers, and filters.
- Advanced picture in picture mode.
- Multi-track video editing.
- Separate audio from video.
- Add cinematic titles and background music to video clips.
- Tons of audio editing features.
- Supports HD and 4k resolutions.
Steps to Edit Videos in HitPaw Video Editor:
Follow the below steps to edit videos using HitPaw Video Editor:
Install and launch HitPaw Video Editor.
Drop and drag the video clip into the program or click “+” to import them.
Drag and drop the clips to the timeline. Now, you can perform any editing action.
To split the video, place the playhead at the starting point of the video and hit “Split” on the quick toolbar. Then, place the playhead at the endpoint and hit ‘Split” again. The part will appear isolated. Click on it and hit Delete.
When you’re done editing, click on Export to save the output file.
Hopefully, this article helped you understand the main features and pros and cons of FilmoraGo Pro video editor along with a “how-to” guide. This software is easy to use but not many users prefer it due to its limited editing features.
If you want a professional and complete video editor for both basic and advanced-grade video editing, use HitPaw Video Editor. What’s best is it has an online version as well that you can use for free. Let us know in the comments section which software best meets your requirements and why?