5 Best Free Subtitle Generator Tools of 2021|How to Generate Subtitles for Audio and Video
Adding subtitles to a video is necessary when a bulk of your audience is foreign-language or cannot hear the video with sound. You need to rely on a professional third-party software to get the job done and that’s what this article is all about. Generating subtitles for a video is not a straightforward task that you can get done with a few clicks. You have to carefully synch each word with the audio of your video – else they can cause huge confusion.
1. The Best Free Tool to Generate Video Subtitles
Here are our best picks for automatic subtitle generator software you can use in 2021 with ease.
1. YouTube Automatic Caption
It is probably the most popular subtitle generator online that supports 10 major languages. It employs advanced speech recognition technology to automatically generate subtitles for an uploaded video. After generating the subtitles on the YouTube subtitle generator, don’t forget to proofread them carefully.
- Supports multiple languages
- Advanced AI technology
- Easy to use even for beginners
- Often, the subtitles are so inaccurate
- Lack capitalization and punctuation feature
2. Facebook Automatic Caption
Another great option is to make your video accessible to people having hearing impairments or the one preferring reading with watching. Aside from being not-so-accurate, this service is available in English for the advertisers of the US and Canada. The procedure is pretty simple and fun, so you won’t have any issue using it.
- Simple and easy to generate subtitles
- Easy editing process after proofreading
- 100% free to use
- Subtitles overlap or show significant lag
- Supports only one language
- Available in the US and Canada
3. Kapwing Auto Subtitle Maker
The recently-launched beta version of Kapwing empowers users to generate subtitles for their videos with just a few clicks. You can upload a video from your computer or paste its link directly and Kapwing fake subtitle generator will do the rest. Since this software is already in the Beta stage, don’t expect much accuracy from it.
- Apply tons of effects on your text
- Add audio to videos
- Users can upload the SRT file
- Not as reliable as you want
- Free version creates a watermark
- Too many ads in the free version
This simple yet powerful subtitle generator uses advanced tech to generate automatic subtitles for your videos. Using the audio of the video, it inserts the text with timecodes. You can preview the text and edit it using the in-built editor. Likewise, it offers tons of exciting filters and effects that you can apply to the text.
- Comes with built-in video tutorials
- Voice recording tools
- Generate and edit subtitles in an intuitive way
- The free version can edit videos of up to 50 MB size
- The interface is complicated for newbies
Another popular subtitle generator that allows users to enhance the videos with any sort of text as needed. While it does offer paid plans, but its free version still helps you get the job done in a simple and fun way.
- Offers many built-in templates
- Speech to text feature
- Texts generated aren’t much accurate
- The free version can edit video of a maximum 90-second duration
2. How to Add Subtitles to a Video With HitPaw
Mostly, users need to add subtitles manually as auto video subtitle generator tools aren’t as accurate as you would have wanted. That’s where HitPaw Online Video Editor comes into play. With this tool, enhancing any video with subtitles has never been easier. Aside from that, you can customize the size, font, position, and color of the text as needed. Thanks to its intuitive interface and impeccable editing features, HitPaw is a go-to video editor for both newbies and professionals.
Its highlighted features include:
- Generate subtitles for a video
- Cut, merge, resize, crop, and rotate videos
- Add background music to videos
- Add or remove watermark
- Compress video or change its format
Pros of HitPaw
- Easy to use for all users
- 24/7 customer service
From your web browser, go to the HitPaw Online website and click on “Add Subtitle” to get started.
Now, click on “Add Subtitle Now” > “Choose File” to load the video into the program.
Once the video is uploaded, write text syncing with music in the left tab as shown in the figure. You can also apply the effect by clicking on “Styles” at the top-right corner.
- When you’re done, click on Save to download the output video to your computer.
Frequently Asked Questions
1) How do you make a subtitle for a book?
Adding catchy subtitles is a must to captivate your audience. You need the services of a competent book subtitle generator to do that: Go to HitPaw website and click on “Add Subtitle” on its Home interface> Upload your book and start writing stellar subtitles in the Text Box on the left tab> Click on Save to download the file.
2) How do I automatically add subtitles to a video?
If you want to insert the subtitles in a video automatically then, use “YouTube Automatic Captions” For that: Upload a video on YouTube>Find the video in the Video Manager>Hit on Edit and choose the >Subtitle/CC option in the drop-down menu. And set up and langue and bang, you have generated the subtitles. .
3) How do I get subtitles for audio?
All you need to do is use a third-party tool like HitPaw. Here’s how you use this software: Head to the HitPaw website and hit on “Add Subtitle” on its Home interface. Upload your audio and start adding tact with time in the Text Box. Click on Save.
To sum it all, this article has provided a comprehensive guide on the top-ranked subtitle font generator tools of 2021. Depending on your individual preferences and requirements, you can choose any software to add subtitles to your videos. But we recommend using HitPaw Online Video Editor which is the most professional and expansive tool to generate subtitles manually with 100% accuracy.