The 6 Best Tops Ways to Add Text to Video Online
Gone are the days when inserting text in a video was a complicated process. You no longer need to rely on one expensive and tech-savvy software to add subtitles to a video. We have scoured the internet and rounded up the best online tools that enable you to add text to a video online easily and instantly. On top of that, you can also apply amazing effects to your text using these tools. Without any further ado, let’s cut to the chase.
Top 6 Best Online Tools to Add Text in Video
1. HitPaw Online Video Editor
When it comes to the best online tool for adding text to your videos, then HitPaw Online Video Editor is what you need. It lets users upload the video and insert any text in a simple and fun way. Furthermore, users can adjust the alignments and size of the text as well as apply filters on it. What’s best about HitPaw is its clean and intuitive interface that allows even first-time users to add text to a video online with no technical hassle.
Here are the impeccable features of this powerful tool:
- Add subtitles to a video
- Cut, crop, and rotate videos
- Add background music to videos
- Change video to GIF
- Resize the video and change its speed as needed
- Convert video format
- Make memes
Head to the official HitPaw website and hit on “Add Subtitle.”
Now, click on “Add Subtitle Now” > “Choose File” to import the video from your computer.
Once the video is uploaded, write text with time to the video in the left tab as shown in the figure.
- When you’re done, click on Save to download the output video to your computer.
2. Movie Maker Online
This simple yet feature-rich free online tool allows users to insert subtitles to any video in an intuitive way. Aside from that, you can get your hands on a huge library of royalty-free music and photos that you can use with just one click. Its amazing timeline based editing with effects and titles makes it worth installing.
- Huge stock of free photos and royalty-free music
- Adds text to a video easily
- No registration required
- Exports in only MP4 format
- Complicated layout
- Limited editing features
Another popular tool to add text to video online free. Just as its name indicates, users can add text to animated GIF files as well as apply advanced editing effects on both text and video. The video size shouldn’t be larger than 120 MB while the limit for GIF size is 35 MB.
- Simple and straightforward interface
- Supports multiple video formats
- Directly download a video via its URL
- Can’t change the font or style of the text
- Consumes a lot of time
- Video size restrictions
Its interface directly takes you to the page where you just have to upload the video and drag the text box to any desired location in the video frame. Click on “Add more text” to another text box. Kapwing cannot add titles to videos greater than 80 MB which is quite a major downside.
- Offers all basic video editing features
- Simple and easy to use
- Customize the style, size, color, and font of the text.
- Pay $6/video to remove the watermark
- Maximum video size limit is 80 MB
If you want an online tool to create stunning text videos super quick and fast, then use Typito. Its free version allows you to add text to video free online, but you need a paid version to access all its editing features.
- Access to motion graphic options
- Over 600,000 free images
- Supports 20+ video formats
- Professional customer support
- The free version adds a watermark
- Too many ads
- Takes up too much time
6. Adobe Spark
Don’t get confused by its simple interface, it comes loaded with powerful photo and video editing options. Aside from enhancing your videos with subtitles of any sort, it offers an intuitive way to insert text on images for memes or other purposes.
- Tons of built-in templates
- Insert text in a video quickly
- Simple and clean UI
- The maximum duration of the video is just 15 seconds
- Cannot change the size, color, font of the text
Frequently Asked Questions
1. How do you make text interesting videos?
Go to HitPaw Online Video Editor and import the video. In the left tab, write the text with time to the video. Click on “Styles” to customize the settings as needed. Hit Save.
2. How do I make a video with music and text?
You need an add text to video free software like HitPaw Video Editor that can add both text and background music to your videos. On its Home interface, you’ll find both options. With just a few clicks, you’ll be able to make a video with music and text.
Inserting subtitles in a video is a great way to improve communication. This article walks you through several tools to achieve the purpose. Depending on your preferences and requirements, you can fall back on any service to get the job done. As far as our recommendation goes, use HitPaw Online Video Editor which is the #1 ranked tool to add text to video online.