FAQs & Troubleshooting
1. Will the pro version of HitPaw Toolkit remove the watermark?
Yes, the only difference between the free version and the pro version is the previous one has watermark on exported video.
2. Is HitPaw Toolkit really free to use?
Yes, all the functions of HitPaw Toolkit are completely free, you can use it on your computer freely.
3. Can I return the software and get back my money?
As there are many different circumstances, we suggest you read our Refund Policy.
4. Can I cancel the subscription?
Yes, you can cancel the subscription whenever before the renewal date. If you don’t know how to cancel it, please contact us.
5. Will I need to pay again for the updates?
No, once placed an order, you can get the lifetime free updates.
1. Can I record normally when the computer is in sleep mode?
1. Generally, the computer will not automatically enter the sleep mode during recording.
2. If the laptop lid is closed during recording, the computer may be forced to sleep, which may cause the webcam recording to freeze. To avoid this issue, please right-click on the battery icon > click Choose what closing the lid does > set all the selections to “Do nothing”.
2. What should I do if the webcam screen is blurred?
The issue may be caused by the following two reasons:
1. The webcam device does not support the set parameters;
2. There is a problem inside the camera device.
Solution: adjust the resolution parameter or frame rate parameter and then start recording again.
3. What should I do if I encounter a black screen on the webcam?
Please check whether other applications are using the webcam, if so, please exit it and then try to record again, the issue will be solved.
4. How to export a 4K video?
First of all, make sure your display resolution is 4K, and then go to HitPaw Screen Recorder’s Settings, choose General, select the original resolution. Once finished, go back to record full screen, the output video resolution will be 4K.
5. When there are multiple monitors, can I choose anyone to record?
Yes. Click on Record Screen function from the main interface, select any area, press and hold the positioning icon, you can drag the recording area to any monitor.
6. What games are supported for recording?
HitPaw Screen Recorder supports recording any DirectX/OpenGL/Vulkan-based games, that is mean to almost all PC games, such as Minecraft, CSgo, PlayerUnknown’s Battlegrounds, Roblox, World of Warcraft, League of Legends, etc.
7. Does it support recording console games?
Yes. However, some console games may not be recorded during actual use. We will optimize this feature in the next version.
8. If there is a black screen or failed to record game, how can I resolve it?
1. Select the game from the game list, check whether the game screen appears in the screen monitoring, if so, the game can be recorded normally; if not, please check solution two.
2. Select the game from the application list, check whether the game screen appears in the screen monitoring, if so, the game can be recorded normally; if not, please check solution three.
3. Select Record Webcam function from the main interface, and check whether there is a capture card in the device drop-down list. If there is, select it, then you can record the capture card screen normally.
9. What is the difference between game recording and application recording?
Game recording directly records the graphics card, it will save system resources and less stuttering.
10. What is the output resolution for recording games?
The output resolution of the recorded game is the same as the resolution of the game window.
11. What is the difference above scheduled recording, timed recording and segment recording?
Scheduled recording: set a recording start time, the software will start to record automatically.
Timed recording: set a recording start time and also an automatical stop duration. For instance, you can set to start recording at 8:00 PM, and then set to automatic stop in 30 minutes, the recording will over at 8:30 PM.
Segment recording: set to automatically save in segments during the recording. For instance, if you set the segment duration to 5 minutes and enable the Automatic Stop in 50 minutes, you will get 10 videos, each of 5 minutes.
12. How to record audio system for Mac?
Please click the start recording button, or click the abnormal loudspeakers icon, and hit the "Install" in the popup window to install the plug-in.
Then there is a background music icon in the upper right corner, please do not shut down.
13. What should I do with no desktop audio sound or noisy sound in audio?
Please check the following settings: Make sure the audio output device is Background Music. Find the background music icon, click it and check the output device is a loudspeaker.
Note: If all else fails, you can also choose to reinstall the audio plug-in and restart the program.
14. What should I do if I encounter a black screen or the screen monitoring is black on the recording screen?
1. In the general settings on the home page, click to switch graphics cards, and it will be normal after restarting the program. If there are multiple graphics cards, you can switch the graphics cards more than once until the recording screen appears. There is no need to switch afterwards.
2. If the above method is not be applied , it may be caused by the configuration of the graphics card itself. In the configuration of nvidia, it cannot be configured as high-performance graphics mode. If the global high-performance mode is configured, the screen recording software needs to be configured as integrated graphics mode separately.
1. Which mode is the best one to remove watermark from photo?
When the background color of the picture is relatively single, such as the sky and the sea, the first or second mode is recommended; if the background of the picture is more complex, such as grass and mountains, the third mode is recommended.
2. Why I cannot cancel my previous step with “Undo”function?
The “Undo” function only works for the "Create Selection" operation, which means it cannot help to revoke operations such as zooming and moving the selection. If you click the "Undo" button, only the last created selection will be undone.
3. Are there no "Undo" and "Redo" functions in the Remove Video Watermark function?
Yes, but the Remove Video Watermark function supports operations such as zooming, moving, setting the time interval, and deleting the created selection at any time.
4. Does Remove Video Watermark support playback and preview of the watermark removal effect in the program?
Yes, in the current version, you can preview one of the watermark removal effects of the selection. And you can click on the play button to preview the effect directly during the moving watermark.
1. Why the interface of HitPaw Toolkit is not complete on my computer screen?
The minimum size of HitPaw Toolkit interface is 1100*620, if the display resolution of your computer is less than this value, this issue will occur. Please check your computer resolution or try to use it on another one with higher resolution.
2. Why the video loading is so slowly? Why it is frozen when Dragging and why the video playback is not smooth?
It may be caused by a too large video file or your computer cannot work well with HitPaw Toolkit for its low configuration. You can try to check for update as our engineer is trying their best to solve this problem or use it on another computer with great CPU.
3. Why HitPaw Toolkit failed to export my video?
1. Please check if there is enough space on your destination location or it may be caused by the file path is missing. You can fix it via switching to another one destination location with enough space or change the export path.
2. The width of the exported video is not even which may lead to this problem. Please use Crop & Rotate option to edit and crop the video again or you can check for update. Then the problem will be solved.
4. Why it is black on the preview screen when playing? I can hear the sound.
This problem may occur when your driver is too low to play the video. Please update the drivers for the graphics card on your computer.
5. Why I cannot drag and drop a video to HitPaw Toolkit?
You may open HitPaw Toolkit in administrator mode. Please quit the application completely, and then double-click its desktop icon to reopen it. At last, the problem will be fixed.
6. Why it says formats not supported when I open a video you claimed to support?
There are several reason about this issue:
Reason 1: The format is achieved by modifying the name
Reason 2: There is no "video stream" in the video file
Reason 3: The video duration is less than 100 milliseconds
Reason 4: The video file is damaged
Please check if your video is in normal condition according to the reasons above and then try again.
7. Why I cannot drag and drop the video to HitPaw Toolkit after installation?
Please quit HitPaw Toolkit completely and then, reopen it. This problem can be fixed.
8. Why it comes to the error “ the following applications are using files that need to be updated by Setup….”, and failed to install?
When you meet this error, it means that another one third-party software is using our HitPaw Toolkit, you need to find out it and close it.
9. What to do if I can get the error “Setup was unable to create the directory” or “error 5: access denied ” when installing?
Please click the setup file to reinstall it. Then, choose another one new path to save setup file.
1. What if the program or the computer crashes, or the electricity is cut off while editing?
There is a disaster recovery scheme in HitPaw Video Editor. The program will back up the current project in real time. Simply reopen the program and a pop-up window will be displayed to remind you. You only need to click the "Restore" button to restore the program to the way it was before the abnormal exit.
2. If the original video was deleted, can I restore it by opening the project file?
No. HitPaw Video Editor saves your files only according to their filename and save location. Therefore, we do not save your original video, audio and images. Those clips whose saving path has changed will be shown as exceptions.
3. Can I retrieve the files that show exceptions in the project file?
Yes. Just right-click on the video and select Find Back, then select the previous clip in the pop-up resource manager and you can get it back.
1. What is the difference between hardware acceleration and lossless acceleration?
Hardware accelerationis to use the computer's built-in GPU/CPU for acceleration, which can help process files faster, and is suitable for any conversion scene
Lossless acceleration is only applicable when there is no need to change the file parameters. It can convert files faster without quality loss.
2. Why the video loading is so slowly? Why it is frozen when dragging and why the video playback is not smooth?
It may be caused by a too large video file or your computer cannot work well with HitPaw Video Converter for its low configuration. You can try to check for update as our engineer is trying their best to solve this problem or use it on another computer with great CPU.
3. Why it is black on the preview screen when playing?
1. Normal files cannot be played: you need to upgrade the driver (OpenGL) version.
2. Black screen for normal file playback: audio files or video files lacking video streams.