How Do I Extract Audio from An Mp4 File (5 Best Methods)
1. Can I Extract Audio From Mp4?
2. How to Extract Audio From Mp4 Free
Detailed steps on how to use Apoweredit to extract audio from MP4:
- Download and install the free version of Apoweredit on your PC.
- Launch Apoweredit and add the target MP4 video by dragging it onto Apoweredit interface.
- Right-click on the video file and choose the Add to Project option.
Right-click on the timeline and choose the Audio Detach from the options.
- Note the sections of the video timeline that includes the desired video.
- Make sure you delete the video timeline and trim audio such that only the desired sections of the timeline are captured.
- Click Exports followed by Export Audio options.
- Rename the audio file and select folder to save the file.
- You may click the gear icon to set the bitrate, quality, and customize the audio format before extraction.
- Click the Export button to initiate the final audio extraction step.
3. How to Extract Audio from Mp4 Online
Detailed steps on using Apoweredit online to extract audio from mp4 online:
- Visit the website for Apoweredit free online video converter.
- Click Select files to start and locate the target video file from your folder.
- Note the timeframe of the soundtrack.
- Click the Edit option and input the range of timeline that contains the soundtrack so the section can be trimmed.
- Click OK to confirm the action.
- Click the Format option to choose the desired audio file format.
Click the Convert menu and select the folder to save audio file so conversion begins.
4. How to Use FFmpeg Extract Audio From Mp4
Detailed steps for using FFMpeg to extract audio from Mp4:
- Visit https://ffmpeg.zeranoe.com/builds/ to download FFMpeg. Be sure to select the Static version after indicating the particulars of your Windows pc.
- After the download is complete, unzip the FFmpeg.zip file. After unzipping the file, you should see a folder tagged FFmpeg-20200713-a60b242-win64-static. Replace the name with FFMpeg.
- Copy the FFMpeg file to your C drive where all computer programs run.
- Extracting Audio from Mp4.
- Copy target video into FFMpeg bin folder (C > FFMpeg > Bin). Ensure that the path is video.mp4.
Open the Windows Command Prompt
- Type "cd\" and press enter
- Type " cd FFmpeg" and press enter
- Type " cd bin" and press enter
- Type "ffmpeg.exe" and press enter.
- You should receive confirmation that FFMpeg is ready to use.
- Type "ffmpeg -i video.mp4 -f mp3 -ab 192000 -vn audio.mp3"
- FFMpeg will begin the audio extraction.
5. How to Extract Audio From Mp4 Mac
Detailed steps on using Quicktime Player:
- Open target video with Quicktime Player.
From the Menu bar, click File > Export As > Audio Only.
- Choose a folder to store the output audio file in M4A format.
6. How to Extract Audio From Mp4 Audacity
Detailed steps on how to extract video from MP4 Audacity
- Download and install Audacity. Since both Audacity and FFMpeg are both installed on your computer, you can proceed to export the file in an MP3 format.
- Click File on Audacity and select Import to locate the target MP4 video.
- Click on the video file and the Export Option.
- Select the time frame for the audio to be extracted. You can preview the time frame to be sure it is accurate.
- Choose the audio format you desire the audio file should take e.g WAV, MP3.
- Select the location on your computer where the generated audio file should be saved. You can also rename the audio file, set bitrate, and quality.
- Click on the Save menu to kick start the conversion process.